View Single Post
Old 05-17-2019, 10:18 PM   #38
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: The NCAA is Investigating Whether or Not It’s Time to Bring NCAA Football Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
I agree with this. I think this step is about legally corralling the likeness issues. Now whether players are compensated with money or scholarships or however they do it, this is the first step. In a perfect world the NCAA would adopt the Olympic Model and be done with it. I imagine there will be a way for student athletes to opt out if they choose to. It might just be me, but the language around the parameters, particularly the part about connecting it to education, is confusing to me. I'm looking forward to hearing more about the proposals later this year.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Operation Sports mobile app
I have optimism that something comes from this. Not necessarily a new game, but as far player likeness. This is not where in the past few years we hear about a trial/court situation that could lead to change. This the NCAA talking about this is putting a group together to find a way. There is too much outside pressure for them to keep avoiding. The whole "tethering to education" is confusing. I get the whole no "pay to play", but impossible to abolish that. So imploying the Olympic model would help.

But they would really need to find a way to compensate players. Its not like NFL where they can pay the players union. It will be too expensive and too many resources needed to pay every player. They don't need to be scanned or even pictures needed for rosters. I would be content with just names.