View Single Post
Old 05-21-2019, 09:03 AM   #7
JoshC1977
All Star

JoshC1977's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: Diamond Dynasty and Franchise Mode

IMO, the scope of this discussion should also include RTTS.

SDS has massively overhauled the mode the last two years; adding a ton of stuff that would also be well-suited for franchise. They've focused a lot of attention on RTTS that could otherwise have been spent on franchise. RTTS is the most popular game mode, I get that, but it is still a bit frustrating that they have gotten player archetypes, personality traits, training regimens, player interactions, boss battles, etc. added with none of those items being crossed-over into franchise.

DD gets singled-out by people a disproportionate percentage of the time (again IMO). I get that it is the most micro-transaction heavy mode (when compared to franchise and RTTS), but the reality is the core, fundamental gameplay modes available in DD remain untouched - you have conquest and play vs CPU for offline and you have Events, Ranked Seasons, and Battle Royale for online. That's it. Everything else is UI overhauls and new cards. They added Moments this year which is not directly a DD mode aside from a handful of missions that actually use one's DD team (though all of them do have rewards tied to DD - same as franchise). They certainly spend time on it, I'm not saying they don't....but DD needs way more than content updates, especially for offline DD players. They need to add some sort of seasonal format and more in-depth offline challenges to really flesh-out the mode; but have sadly neglected adding them in favor of focusing on online play.

I am hoping that 2020 is the year that they redistribute SOME resources away from RTTS and use them to add some new stuff to Franchise and new offline-centric DD modes.