View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 12:36 AM   #25
tommycoa
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: Future Classic Rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormsWarning
I switched from 96 for the moment, and I officially started today on 1989. You have 90 and I plan to just try and keep going as we go through the years.

The play books I agree with you are a must and now that you broken it down a bit, when I need a break from the creating side I can try my hand at the play books.

I'm definitely not doing cfm, but I'm designing the rosters with correct info and edits as much as I can, so when I pull out real team schedules and some of the basic stats, mvp of the league etc atleast we can have genuine write ups.

The only thing that sucks is we cant edit coaches in play now, unlike in cfm. But cfm is really broken in terms of classic sets, especially if your trying to recreate, coaches, and team play with the playbooks.

That's also the beauty of play now, it plays better imo than cfm, and custom playbooks for both teams. Along side with uniforms.

So 1989 is up first for me, with permission from you guys percussions and capa, every once in awhile I'd like to post some bios and pics of random players in no particular order in this thread.

Maybe we can all use this thread, as our main thread for classics for 19. Since we are making this our main game. Maybe a mod here could sticky it for us so it's not bumped down, kinda like the NCAA thread with Vt. & crew.

Edit.

Sabo00FF created a very nice Oldschool Offense playbook.

As well as a 3-4 & 4-3 defensive books, alongside with a hybrid.

Have a look at those when you get the time, honestly that oldschool for offensive is all that is needed imo. But the defense I'm unsure of, they looked great as well.
Would love to help with 1989. One of the first years I really watched NFL. No need for custom playbooks the way i set it up. I simply use west coast for all teams and they mostly stay in the old pro set/2 back formations. When they go to shotgun, all the base players are still on the field.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts

Last edited by tommycoa; 05-22-2019 at 12:44 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove