View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 04:25 PM   #2
BIGROC
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Battle Royale------

I like BR, but just don't feel like spending 1500 stubs per entry.

I use conquest, or extended play to kind of tinker like that.

I like to use a solid contact hitter for leadoff... I usually go with wither Pollock or Cain... Cain is really undervalued and overlooked in this game. He's a solid leadoff hitter and plays terrific defense.

I know what you mean about trying out different diamond players. I've got 3 diamond first basemen (including a 99 Frank Thomas)... I've got Machado, Rendon and Bregman that are by nature 3rd basemen. So I use Rendon at second often... And let Manny play short. I'm not sold on Bregman though... I'd rather play a guy like Chapman at third if I put Manny in at short. Been looking for a shortstop I really like... Played a few games with the Allen Trammell you get for finishing the Padres collection. He plays a lot better than the ratings suggests...

As for pitching... Filipe Vazquez is an incredible lefty. I gave used him more than any of my other relievers. The way I see it, the one thing you can control completely is how good your bullpen is. I LOVE my pen. Even when I swap guys out because they're down a point or two because of inside edge.

I have 2 squads I use in diamond dynasty. There's the "A" team... With a fully fitted diamond team with reserves. And a "B" team that I put together using anyone between a 70 to an 84. I usually end up using guys in the 78 to 84 range if I'm honest though... Especially now since Votto dropped to an 84 but his modded rating is an 87. Same deal with Chapman on third.

Only thing that I'd like to see in next year's game, as far as any big changes to diamond dynasty is, since you can make a second squad, you should be able to take that squad into ranked seasons and not have to start where you left off with your other squad. Let them start fresh in spring training, instead of having to drop them into pennant race or higher.

Maybe allow (since you can make different DD squads) for an A league, and a B league. With some parameters in place. So no team that's rated over an 80 (for instance) can play in B league games. And if you start off well, you can't jump leagues. Just a thought. I'd like to see ppl really have to put something together instead of grabbing diamond players and filling out a roster...