View Single Post
Old 05-22-2019, 06:03 PM   #34
Iteachpercussion
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Future Classic Rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
If you low rate the wrs and TEs, it evens the run/pass ratios for most games, but if a team falls behind they will abandon the pass.

The key to the ratings and depth charts is keeping the base guys, HB/FB/2 starting wrs/TE on the field as much as possible. By putting rbs at slot wr specialty sub, you can get the right catch distributions with certain ratings tweaks to Catch and Release and the 3 route running attributes. You have to go lower with these ratings.

Now i do see the cpu come out in 5 wr sets and shotgun, but it’s maybe 20 percent of the game, and when they do come out in these formations, they’re in base personel. So it’s no different than being in a two back offense, the players are just moved around the field. This really isn’t much different than old school attacks. Back then, they’d motion the rb in the slot. If you watch old games, you’ll hear them call the starting running back the slot wr as well. Also i see the HB go in motion a lot to the wr position when they’re in 2 back sets.

For most of these teams so far, I have the FB as the third down back, and the starting rb as the slot wr in specialty subs. I put all the rbs and wrs as the back up wrs. Sometimes this isn’t neccesary because they did have 3 and 4 we options. But most of these teams threw to base personel and didn’t use extra wrs. The shotgun with this setup is no different than the HB motioning to slot. We just don’t see it happen.

Also, when they’re in 2 back, they mostly run from split/far/near. I even see them go 2 back and 2 wide on 3 and 10 type plays.

These edits also nuke the overpowering nature of the 2 minute drill at the end of halves. The cpu isn’t completely helpless from scoring, it just seems way more realistic.

Got some good auto subs/fatigue ratings and sliders as well. Seeing the best ball carry distribution. Most games it’s matching the season averages. Also hitting catch distribution from real season averages. Hardly ever see 3rd and 4th string wrs or TEs have much if any effect on the games.

We’re trying to replicate a time when the defenses had more free reign with wrs, no way to change the games rules, but dropping catch in the 40-80 range really helps put us in a time machine. Also seeing better ball trajectories. Different animations.
I use to use greater edits than I have the last two years. As I mentioned to you earlier, I have been trying to create a balance for Franchise mode players. Since that is less of a concern for me at this time, I can go back to making those type of edits.

To help with DBs, I tend to raise the coverage and press ratings quite a bit from the default settings. I have, as all of the roster makers have, certain ratings that I increase or decrease to create the gameplay I am looking for.

For instance, I decrease LB jump to always below 80, but often 70. I do the same with TEs.
OLine, I have their STR at a minimum of 85, except for a rare guy here and there.

As I am starting to look at 1980, I want to spread ratings out a little more as well.

While there are some ratings and such we can all agree on, there will always be areas that various roster makers are going to disagree.

While I am glad the west coast playbook works for you, it is not what I am looking for. I really want to be able to create some variety in the play calling and formations. I think it is also important to create defensive playbooks. The modern defensive playbooks blitz far too often for mid-80s and before.