View Single Post
Old 05-23-2019, 09:58 PM   #1
hockeyyt988
Rookie

hockeyyt988's Arena

OVR: 2
Franchise “Micro-transaction” model

I was reading Gagnon39 thread about DD V. Franchise and as someone who didn’t play any DD, how much more could be done with DD? If not much, is it time to focus back on franchise mode? I’m no way really endorsing what I’m about to ask (though I would probably give in) but wanted to see what others thought?

As we know, SDS is a for-profit company thus it makes sense to focus on what yields the most return. DD allows Microtransactions which is a consistent revenue stream, and until franchise can have some sort of way to match that, i personally think we won’t see franchise to the fullest that many of us at OS are hoping for. After all, most franchise guys buy the game for $60 and never spend a dime more.

What if SDS built in “franchise downloadable content”? Want relocate/expansion? Buy “relocation/expansion pack”. Want to build a stadium? “stadium build” downloadable content is for you. All for XYZ amount, etc. At minimum, it would be nothing more then season mode to maximum, a fully featured virtual GM experience. There would be layers to this but you get the idea.

Would you be willing to spent money on that?

The DD guys are willing to if the market is there, SDS will do it because again,it yields a high return.

I’m not hoping for this but I don’t think it’s that far fetched. Either that, or loot box laws prohibit games from Microtransactions so the focus is put back on offline modes.

For me personally, push come to shove, I would be willing to shell out extra cash to have a full deep dive franchise experience. I actually think $60 for a years worth of entertainment is pretty cheap. How much would I? I’m not quite sure, might be how good the experience could be.

Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports

Last edited by hockeyyt988; 05-23-2019 at 10:06 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove