View Single Post
Old 05-26-2019, 05:51 PM   #68
Iteachpercussion
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Future Classic Rosters?

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
I’ve got the custom playbooks working nice with the 60s rosters. The west coast generic book works well with the 80s teams, but not so much with 60s teams. Experimented with the books. Made a base book a few weeks ago that’s all under center. Neither team lined up in shotgun.

Here’s how i did it. Only for play now.

Set up separate profile.

Load all the sliders like percussion said. Make sure they match the other profile’s sliders and main menu settings. This is just a precaution and a one time thing.

In controller select, choose teams, unis, custom books.

When i enter the game, i have to do the opening kickoff. After the kickoff, i put both controllers in the middle. Plays really good to be testing.

I did rate plays and such. Neither team is attacking the same way. And they’re running the ball more than throwing in the second test game.

Not perfect yet because i havent went all that deep with star rating plays and making different book, but this is more than promising. I see no glitches. Home 66 packers won first game 14-7 over 68 colts. Away 68 jets beating the 66 packers 12-7. Need to rerate some and bump wrs up a little. I had them pretty low. Run game looks fantastic. They run plenty of toss sweeps.

My second controller, i thought it was broke, and i didn’t want to buy a new one, but when i tried it, it was working, thank god.
The custom books seem to work pretty well this and are not too disorganized. You might still occasionally see a team in shotgun formation because even though you remove them, there are a few plays that still pop up from time to time near the end of the game. I have only seen it a few times though.

Defensive playbooks also work quite well. I made a 4-3 defensive to use with capa's 1970 roster and it works well. Lots of Cover 2 and man-to-man, no weird blitzes, no lineman dropping into coverage.