View Single Post
Old 05-27-2019, 03:13 AM   #2
iHazCode
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Fair request/expectation for UFC 4?

I guess while I'm ranting, my other request, and to further on an idea that I mentioned above would be the introduction of gravity, yes... gravity.

Along with having the moves/grappling not be so picture perfect, including flailing, grapple misses and slips due to grabbing a moving sweaty target. I think it would also be really powerful if they added gravity, and the ability for trips, slips, and falls assuming they speed up the grappling. Imagine two guys grappling, with one back-pedaling, but then the other whips the other causing him to trip and fall due to his own momentum being used against him.

In addition the blocking and sway mechanic could be updated to include the accuracy stat more. By this I mean in a real fight most strikes are not parried, blocked or swayed but rather glance off due to micro movement which is natural for anyone who has a fist coming towards their head. Go back and watch almost any fight, you will see that upwards of 70% of strikes are in fact low impact due to reasons other than blocking, parrying, or sways. Finding a good way to emulate this in the game could be tricky, and might not even be good for the competitive online crowd, however if they could somehow nail this it would be huge I think. Even though some things seem bad for online play, I've found if you can nail the actual physics of a sport or whatever you are trying to emulate in game, it all comes together.

When the original Rainbow Six initially came out people lost their sh*t because you could die so easily. The first few weeks of that game resulted in VERY short matches. However as people learned how to play, and leverage tactics and self preservation techniques more akin to the real world, the game began to play (you guessed it) a lot more similar to how you'd see something like that go down in the real world.