Old 05-30-2019, 05:12 PM   #36
RomeroXVII
MVP

RomeroXVII's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Strike output and stamina

Quote:
Originally Posted by micmuted
is e gonzalez considered a someone good at spamming? i always thought he sucked and beat him easily many times

i watched both videos and i’m not trying to be rude but i didn’t see anything impressively defensively. a lot of empty sways that got punished, side stepping into strikes, and there were times where the other guy tee’d off and was absolutely destroying ur block

every time i see a video about defense it just highlights how underpowered our defensive options are against this relentless block break spam. cus you’re good at the game but even u weren’t able to effectively use the defensive tools the game gives us

it also showed how bad the stamina system is. u were being way more precise and efficient with your strikes but yet somehow u and egonzales were pretty much equal stamina (despite him going like 20/100 on strikes in numerous rounds)

IMO someone going 20/100 strikes and playing that badly should be an easy fight but because of poor game mechanics these kind of players can actually give you a hard fight. it’s pretty sad honestly
Yep, the strength of the jab jab even in being in the wrong range is annoying, and I'm glad you caught that. Somebody tag Geoff so he can watch this.

Although, I'm surprised you're so cordial here on these forums NewxPrint, considering how you've messaged me on my alt, I was rather disgusted.

E_Gonzalez is the classic example of the jab jab jab pressure meta. The whole point was to show it's very possible to win against the style, but as you said correctly, inconsistencies with range screw things up immensely for the defensive fighter , 'i.e. me back swaying that hook when he was throwing that stuffed doubled jab, yet the hook still hitting me despite me timing it at the right time, which is due to the fact that there is no official hook range in game'

Or how once your block is overcommitted, you cannot move your head for a moment, which is NOT okay.

I can definitely see why your style definitely gives him fits because you're always hunting for the body and not caring what comes your way, the 1-2-3b, and then the moving body kick, maybe the occasional knee there, and eventually the Uppercut Hook.

Overall though, I would much rather fight somebody with 'your' style because at least there's a gameplan behind it, whereas Gonzalez is simply trying to make you overthrow because he's in your face throwing stuffed jabs that should ALWAYS get beat by a lead hook no matter what, even if he lands first.