View Single Post
Old 06-16-2019, 01:54 PM   #2
bmlimo
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: The one thing NO MMA game has gotten right...

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheGentlemanGhost
Reversals.

I never liked how any of the big 3 (EA MMA, UD, EA UFC) that it only takes one easily timed action to pull off one of the hardest things to do irl that happens occasionally. It’s always bothered me.

Shouldn’t it take more precise timing and a small series of actions to properly pull reversals off? IMO it should be in swift stages, the start, middle and the final stage when you are now on top. In the middle stage you should be able to choose to simply stand up or follow thru with the reversal. The animation in the middle stage would be the fighter that was on bottom now on a knee, if denied to stand up, he goes back to bottom, if denied to take top position for the reversal, it goes into a neutral position where both fighters can fight for top position or stand up.
In my opinion reversals should be contextual transitions, we should have the sweep option when in the bottom... beeing a contextual transition reversal turn in what it should, small opening based in timming that a fighter use to get advantage in scrambling