View Single Post
Old 06-19-2019, 02:19 AM   #1
Chemthethriller
Pro

OVR: 0
NBA2K20 Pro-Am Ideas

1. The ability to setup drills and watch teammates practice them against each other or against AI.

2. Ability to have a practice mode where you can run plays from a playbook, with full court vision on, and passing on. I believe that this alone will make 2k Pro-Am more bearable as people will end up finding plays they like and know, and won't simply try to run a 4 n 1 PnR all game. 4-1 PnR is ran because it's so simply to setup and build a lineup around. If players actually ran plays and felt confident in what they were doing I think we would see more people doing it.

But how do you get people to focus on running drills and practice?

Let the team owner setup a weekly checklist (i.e. everyone runs the Boston drill and play XYZ from the playbook 15x, these could be done alone with AI) the owner sees who is completing the drills with their average star rating, the teammates that participate in the drills get a small boost to whatever the drill focused on and something like offensive consistency (like a 3 point boost).

This in my opinion would accomplish couple things as it would make a team feel more like an actual team, people would learn the plays you want to run and get used to running it. They would want to run the offense they know etc.

3. Ability to call zone defense on defense, give use more than 2-3 and 3-2, give use the 1-3-1, 2-1-2, Box and 1, etc and once called show that players zone on the ground quickly before it fades out.

4. Working alternate jerseys.

5. Stealing from NBA live, let our Pro-Am team take over other peoples territory, building a sense of rivalry between two teams rather than simply matchmaking all the time. Matchmaking is nice, but playing random people all the time doesn't build that sense of rivalry that we could have between teams like you find in real life. Now, I don't want it like the park, it could show all the teams that are in that mode, and allow them to match make together challenging, and the winner then could see their record vs that specific team on some kind of menu.

6. Better overall matchmaking Elite teams should never face amateur teams. If they do match together I think the lower team should have the option of playing them or opting against it. Now yes this would end up skewing low level records, but Am vs Elite should happen, now lets say an amateur team matches against a Pro level team, give them no option to opt out, but they gain a significant more MyPoints for beating them or something.

7. Record books: We should have daily, weekly, monthly, and all time records for points, rebounds ,assists, steals, blocks, etc etc

8. Stats: Give us more stats. Show us the advanced stats i.e. True Shooting, TRB%, AST%, USG%, etc.

9. Better rewards for winning or playing, let us hang banners of teams we've beat, upgrade our arena more uniquely, etc.

10. Highlights. Now I would be that everyone mashes X when a highlight comes up in Mycareer, but how about at half time they show a few of the best plays of the first half while the half time score is up, give each play a game score of some kind and show us a few while we wait. People might actually enjoy seeing that posterized or that ankle breaker again.

11. Player of the game: Show their highlights like an NBA game would as you see their stats come across instead of simply being in the middle and a little VC. '

12. Custom Introductions at high levels, not just the same "all 5 walk up" and not even like the custom intros we have now. Spend 25 seconds per team showing each player individually with something like "Career High in points X" or whatever stat they tend to excel at. I mean playing PG last year I had a 45 assist game, and... no one knows besides few people I played with. I would like to come out see my matchups record points, assists, rebounds, etc whatever it might be.

13. (Long shot stuff here) How about watching Pro-Am games of top teams by seeing who's playing at that moment, and actually having your my player in their crowd as you watch, this would add a sense of realism seeing 100s of myplayers in a team arena of a top team watching them play.
Advertisements - Register to remove