View Single Post
Old 06-21-2019, 08:25 PM   #6
antdoggydogg
Rookie

antdoggydogg's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: "Reaction Time" not shown on roster edit screen

I played a game where I lowered all players reaction times to below 50 and I have to say it was awesome.

I also noticed Kyle Anderson, whose nickname around the league is "slow-mo" has a reaction time of 48. Given that he is a good defender, I think this proves that this particular attribute is meant to control how quickly players can move, react and change directions.

I hope we are able to globally edit this feature in 2K20. And possibly have a slider for it. Because I don't have an issue with the intelligence of the defenders, I just think their movement and reactions should be limited by their momentum, and commitment to previous movements. If you step in the wrong direction there is a "commitment cost" in real life. This attribute seems to control that.

I also noticed that before, the defenders were constantly sliding around and moving and reacting to the movement of every single chess piece. I thought that was unrealistic, now it seems like if a guy is guarding corner or a man up top, they know the right spot to stay in while giving themselves room to recover. They aren't sliding back and forth for 24 seconds and reacting to everything.

But, it was just one game, I'll test further. You guys should try it out yourselves.