View Single Post
Old 06-24-2019, 07:40 PM   #7
Kushmir
MVP

Kushmir's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: How do you guys honestly feel about light contest for standing near a player?

The best part of that video is something that 2K struggles with. Lebron swipes for the steal, misses and George gets a better shot as a result. In 2K users can miss but you can still contest the shot. 2 actions in that small space can't be a thing in PVP. You choose rock, paper or scissors not ROCK and PAPER....thats horrible balance.

I'm torn tho--Jeebs is right. The slight delay after constant switching often makes it hard to contest and offense is still sooooo far ahead of the defense...but on the other hand we need to establish a true skill gap.

I've always thought contesting should be fast/intuitive (right stick at the offensive player) but maybe there's a lane for the auto-contest as long as its the contest that affects the shot success the least...

I.E. If a light contest takes 20% off the success rate the auto-contest should be HALF that.

P.S. The AI defenders absolutely need to be much smarter. Too much of what we do on defense is spent mitigating their head-scratching decisions.

Last edited by Kushmir; 06-24-2019 at 08:55 PM.