View Single Post
Old 06-25-2019, 01:05 PM   #1
dynastymgrguy
Rookie

OVR: 0
Pros and Cons of delaying NBA Live 20 announcement

I am just wondering... what is the benefit of holding off so long for EA to announce NBA Live 20? Unless I missed something, and I search all the time, I have not seen any official announcement that NBA Live 20 is happening.

I'm in marketing, but I don't know of any marketing playbook that fits this situation. I do believe that teasing is sometimes good, to build up desire. But NBA Live has a bad track record and delaying and withholding info creates more sceptism than desire. Frustrating your market seems like a "con" not a "pro".

I'm seeing more fake news about NBA Live 20 being cancelled on YouTube (unverified info) -- and seems EA can "simply" prevent this by announcing that Live 20 is on the way. And lord, I try to avoid the social media guys who think they have all the answers -- and that's not where I want to go for a legitimate/professional news source.

To anyone reading this, can you tell me a "Pro" (positive benefit) from not announcing any info about NBA Live 20 while the negative news proliferates the internet?

I liked NBA Live 19. If it had more depth in Franchise, I would have played it more. I think the game is beautifully designed, great UI, love the arena atmosphere. It had it's own features to set itself apart from NBA 2K.
Advertisements - Register to remove