View Single Post
Old 06-29-2019, 10:33 PM   #2
MrWrestling3
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Time to Redefine Diffculty Levels? Must Read!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2kVetRespect
Is it time for 2k to Redefine Diffculty Levels? I believe so because with the HOF sliders this year and a 2k developer (da czar) stating that you won't get the most realistic experience out it, what was the point of the sliders in the game.

I believe sliders should be based off contextual arena. Is it multiplayer or single player. If it is single player, there should be a heavy emphasis on Diffculty customization to tune the experience to your likening since you're playing the A.I.

With online head to head (multiplayer), sliders should be universal and less dynamic and that's even with the customization in online lgs. The main goal should be to maximize on the most realistic experience possible in a user to user play. As da cZar put it, there is a range between good and bad amongst players within the LG and the setting used in multiplayer should heavily emphasize on maximizing that range amongst the players in the game based on ratings. In other words, the game should look more like what you see in real life (free flowing action) and less like a exploitative gimmick that doesn't reward nothing less than perfect timing and only glitch post animations for consistent scores.

Ive been playing the 2k series for 20 years and it's time to finally finish off the exploits we have left. Put the control back in the user hands
I was just thinking something like this myself.IMO instead of the difficulty coming from essentially overpowering the CPU and forcing the human player to rely increasingly on cheese(i.e.video gaming skills),it should come from becoming increasingly more realistic, forcing the human player to rely more and more on knowledge of the game of basketball rather than simply knowing what animations to exploit.

Basically it would break down to:

Pro= Your standard video gaming experience.

All Star= A balance between video gaming and realism.Would both teach and require a knowledge of the basic fundamentals of the real game of basketball.Good starting spot for those wanting to learn the mental side of the game.

Superstar= Mostly realistic with a touch of CPU assistance.For those that master the fundamentals but are not quite ready for full realism yet.Intermediate level knowledge and techniques taught and required.

HoF= The fully sim experience.For those that want their basketball as real as possible.Advanced level techniques introduced and required to perform well.

Online would probably stay reasonably similar(possibly tweaked slightly to account for online lag)...Park and My Team would be on Pro,JRC on All Star or Superstar, and Pro Am on HoF; PNO would have lobbies filtered by difficulty, MLO it would be 100% up to the players involved.

Last edited by MrWrestling3; 06-30-2019 at 12:11 AM.