View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 11:03 AM   #35
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: Would you be interested in 2K football returning with no NFL license?

I still play APF and in game 15th game of season. I play on 360 and don't really notice the jaggies. The lack of depth is obviously there. But I can still have fun from a game play perspective. I can build a shut down defense without needing a speed burner. I feel like Height and weight has a impact. Where I have a 6'6 250 TE who can break tackles when he has a head of steams. Talent matters in the game. If your facing silver or gold DBs, you really have pick and choose when to pass it around them. I had a WR get a quick release on a lob fade route, so I tried to bullet it in there. But the opposing DB had a Gold FS who was able to break on the ball and get a diving INT. Thats one thing I always preferred over Madden. 2k8 didn't have those two-man animations and you really don't see the players suctioned into making plays. The gameplay was so smooth. Last this animation sequence play out that I replay a few times. My RB was rushing through the hole with a SS closing down on him with a TE behind him. I used the right analog stick for a special move. My RB stopped on a dime causing my TE to block the SS. Then my RB automatically spinned around that avoiding contact. As my RB was finishing the spin he ended up right beside a teammate who was blocking another defender. He was able to push off the teammate to get a couple more yards. Play was so smooth.

I would love for a generic 2k game with depth. I wished 2k wasn't so quick to scrap a game with poor sales. I don't need legends. I feel like they should have skipped 2k9 and did a 2k10 and focused on depth. With uncertainty of NFL license ever coming available and it taking years before XFL being successful enough for a licensed game, I don't see 2k jumping back into football anytime soon. 2k cares too much about having good sales. Where so many of their sports games have been canceled because of poor sales. Where now they are just down to NBA 2k(&Playgrounds), WWE, and Golf Club. They put most of their resources into NBA 2k which why you see the constant changes to MyCareer storylines with celebrities and online mode changes. As a Sporting games company, I wish they made more sports games. Thats one thing about EA. Besides Baseball and NCAA, EA have their hands into major sports. And Baseball and NCAA are because of licensing issues. If it wasn't for next gen coming around, I feel they could devote resources to start back up other sports games.

Last edited by illwill10; 07-10-2019 at 11:13 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove