View Single Post
Old 07-10-2019, 08:59 PM   #5
TylerHL
Rookie

TylerHL's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Best NCAA Football Sim Engine?

I mean yeah I do think the sim engine is better and I do like the more accurate to real-life results but mainly, since I really only play dynasty mode, I think the older games (especially 11 and 12) did it a lot better. Personally I think the coaching contracts in 12 are the coolest. Instead of just signing somewhere for however many years, you're given a list of 8 or so goals to hit in your contract. Some are for the season, some are for the duration of the contract (i.e. throw for 3000 passing yards and 30 pass TDs in a season for an OC, 10+ sacks as a DC, win 10 games at least one year, or sign 5 4 star or better recruits, etc... low tier schools have lower goals, high tier schools have tougher goals) but I think those add a lot of extra depth. I don't know why they got rid of those, I guess maybe people didn't want the game to push them towards a certain play-style but I kinda like that. Honestly that might be my favorite aspect. Otherwise, the recruiting differences are an obvious one and I actually prefer the graphical style and presentation of 11 and 12 over 14, but once again that's entirely personal preference. I never played 13 so I don't really have input for that one and going back to 10 and lower on newer gen consoles, you lose some of those cool dynasty features.
Advertisements - Register to remove