Old 07-14-2019, 09:12 AM   #7
Vanilla_Gorilla
Rookie

Vanilla_Gorilla's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Auto-Generated FA Prospects

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace1234NY
I started my franchise in 18 and when I started up there was a 99 potential 20 year old SS in the free agents list. That's just incredible. There were some other decent fake prospects too. I also noticed that new FAs got generated when I headed into my first free agency. It wasn't just unsigned draft picks, as I kept meticulous track of them. Some of them were young enough to be considered prospects, but some were older. Like mid to late 20s. With no previous experience. Some of them are quite good. It's a weird thing. I have no idea why. If I had to take a guess, the game is probably designed to maintain at least X number of players at all times. And when a bunch of guys retire at the end of the season, if there aren't enough players from the draft to keep up the number, the game generates some players and puts them in the free agent pool?

That’s what I was thinking but I’m still not sure how it plays into rosters. I know that means I would have to take OSFM 1.5 and update it completely which would take forever but it might be worth it, I dunno.

I just need to know what triggers those fake prospects to generate