View Single Post
Old 07-16-2019, 08:25 AM   #2
1212headkick
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Do not let this be passed by

Quote:
Originally Posted by Find_the_Door
Some absolutely needed changes for UFC 4 to ensure it corrects blatant flaws of UFC 3.

TRANSITION FAKES - they don't work as anticipated in EA UFC 3 at all. We were told that if a top opponent denys a fake they'll be penalized stamina wise for denying a fake (can confirm this doesn't happen). Currently zero point to fakes other than to get your stamina destroyed by the guy you're trying to fake.

TRANSITION SPEED - there was a point in EA UFC 1 when the transition windows were widened to allow for players to be more competitive on the ground. This was never changed back when we had a new grappling system in EA UFC 2. The current speed of transition windows is far too forgiving and is currently tuned for the lower ranks this results in a denial fest at higher level play.

FIGHTER INDIVIDUALITY - we have BJJ get ups 1,2,3,4,5 but I couldn't tell you the difference between those and Wrestling get ups 1,2,3.... Same goes for reversals and transitions. In fact some of the more defining transition differentiaters are hidden by requiring the opponent to be very gassed for them to be an option.

There's a gaping hole lacking in fighter individuality in this regard. Animations should be tiered. We should have multiple guard pass animations etc for different fighters. Maybe a amateur guard pass that takes longer (more steps) and a elite guard pass that finishes quicker (one step).

DAMAGE OUTPUT - There's currently not enough damage. Again I feel this is done to appease the casuals that either make or break the game by sticking around. One shot (i.e not a combo) counter damage needs greater tide turning impact. Currently with the lack of damage there's no real threat - you always feel far too safe in this game.

STAMINA DRAIN - I just did a fight with Kamaru Usman and threw 166 strikes landed 56 in the first round. Came out next round with just as much stamina as my opponent (over 80%!) combine this lack of loss for lazy spammy striking with the fact that you have near zero stamina penalty for missed punches if you hit your opponents block. Problem here is then it just creates incentive to lazily combo spam.

FIGHTER ARCHETYPES - BJJ guys feel next to no different than wrestlers etc. In fact the only thing that really truly separates one from another is which kicks and I guess punches they have. UFC Undisputed 2009 for example (their first iteration) had specific transitions for wrestlers, BJJ guys that made it to where you could actually feel the difference from fighter to fighter.

COMMUNITY ACCOLADES / FIGHT HISTORY - Instead of making me watch the tale of the tape etc show me my fight history against my opponent or my last 5 fights and my tendencies etc. In Undisputed it gave a brief synopsis prior to the fight when you reached certain levels such as "Submission Machine" when you got a bunch of subs.

Things like this the community absolutely loves and they're absent. Not only that but an actual online title belt would great similar to Fight Night. Also submission leader boards etc. In the fight intro tell me that my opponent is the best submission artist online or something.

GROUND GAME REVAMP - The whole Simon says system just needs to go. The limit of the same four animations across all fighters is incredibly predictable and tiresome. You can master the ground in 2 weeks. Not really going to elaborate on this but it needs revamped on a big way.

Those are just a handful of things I absolutely think need to be in the next iteration. Oh and of course Prime Big Nog [emoji44][emoji4]
Denying fakes is incredibly difficult and the fact you give away ga when striking is sheer madness. Fakes need to be easier to deny if spammed