View Single Post
Old 07-19-2019, 03:42 PM   #2
TheGentlemanGhost
MVP

TheGentlemanGhost's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How do you deal with “volume strikers”?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Counter Punch
I faced a guy earlier (but this is not a rare occurrence), who picked Glover Texeira, and threw literally nonstop.

The fight only lasted 7 minutes. He landed 83 out of 170 strikes total (45 out out of 90 significant strikes). His stamina didn’t appear to be affected. I used head movement and footwork to make him miss over half his strikes, and tried counter-fighting, so I wobbled him 4 times and knocked him down twice in 7 mins.

He just kept coming forward like the Terminator. I didn’t notice exaggerated patterns in the type of strike he was throwing. I tried to work the body but his straights and hooks would track my head. I tried working in some leg kicks but he would somehow just eat them and connect with a 1-2.

What am I doing wrong OS bros?

I swear the top guys usually seem to say use head movement, but I never time it right and just get finished. I usually just start timing hook combos and usually have better luck with that. Problem with that is those hook combos always drain your stamina more than their pressure spam if it doesn’t actually put them out [emoji35]

Sent from my iPhone using Operation Sports