Old 07-20-2019, 09:55 AM   #21
illwill10
Hall Of Fame

illwill10's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: NBA LIVE just dropped a 2019-20 update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Them not announcing a new partnership with the nba along with 2k is what has red flags in my eyes....if they didn’t want to announce it the same time as 2k, fine ok. But it’s been months and still nothing....
Maybe their licensing deal is on different years. But I really don't see Live getting a different deal than 2k. 7 years 1.1 billion is a lot of money per year for licensing. 2k can essentially pay that 157 mill off of the microtransactions/VC sales alone. EA has the money, but Live hasn't been selling that well.
Starting next week, there is essentially 7 weeks until a projected release. Besides mo-cap/tweets/speculations, nothing official yet for NBA Live. I'm not saying it is canceled, it just brings up a lot of red flags. You usually don't see sports games updating rosters this late. I don't think it would be a good idea to cancel this year. It would be a bad look to cancel a game 2 out of 4 year span. Only way I can think they could do that is if they say they are fully committing to next gen consoles next year. Where they don't release this year and don't release a current gen next year. Where they put their primary focus on next gen, while just updating Live 19 in the time being
Advertisements - Register to remove