View Single Post
Old 07-20-2019, 05:50 PM   #1
PVarck31
Moderator/Writer

PVarck31's Arena

OVR: 46
For those who use PayPal

So I've been selling items on ebay for years, and also sell things on other sites that use paypal like Swappa, which is what happened here.

I sold a phone on there early this morning and this is probably 10th or 12th phone I've sold with them and I got the notification that it sold, then an email from Paypal saying my funds have been put on hold because I am new to Paypal and haven't had a history built up yet.

I'm like WTF!!! I've been a member of Paypal since 2004. So I go to the Paypal site and sure enough it shows the amount was paid but it's on hold.

Like I said, I've been using paypal since 2004. Whether it be with Ebay, Swappa, or other sites and in this time I have has somewhere along the lines of over 1,000 transactions and I have never had a single one put on hold.

So I ended up chatting with someone from Paypal and they told me it was because it was paid for by good and services. Ok so again WTF? 99.9% of my payments on Paypal have been through goods and services. I pressed the guy to give a better reason why this is happening and all he would tell me is that I can be assured I will get the money.

I was told that if I buy the shipping label through Paypal then once delivery is confirmed I should get the money within 24 hours.

Has this every happened to anyone? I'm really sorry for the long post. I just feel like it is not acceptable to have to send the item to someone before I get paid. And they are saying well you did get paid it's just on hold. I don't think that's acceptable. I should have the money in my hands before I send something to the person who bought it. Especially since we are talking a high value item.

TL;DR Paypal basically screwed me by holding funds from a sale and I have to ship the item to the buyer before I can even get paid. This has never happened to me in the 15 years I've used Paypal.
Advertisements - Register to remove