View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 11:54 AM   #38
tommycoa
MVP

OVR: 6
Re: All-time Classic Rosters Based off Assante’s File

Quote:
Originally Posted by td7
I'm confused about something, Tommy, and was hoping you could help. I just tried to edit a Playbook and take out all the shotgun formations and plays. I went into playing a game and for some reason they were still running shotgun? This happened after I edited the Playbook and took out all shotgun formations and plays?
Never seen this happen but heard others say it happens. Not sure what the deal is. These custom playbooks are very unstable. Maybe just use that handful of no shotgun books i made a few months ago.

I don’t get why guys hate the shotgun so much. Under center stuff is really limited, plus the shotgun plays help with RB carry distribution. Also those under center formations are really lacking in TE passing plays. By that, i mean, almost all of the under center TE passes have them going deep. It’s only in the shotgun plays i can find more 5 and outs, drags, and delays so te’s don’t run posts and flys all game. That was my problem with those 60s books, the tight end is like a lost player out there who barely makes plays. Still with these shotgun books, im not seeing them overuse the tight ends.

With these playbooks i’m Trying to build the best possible gameplan that enhances the teams strengths. so if they have 3 really good wrs, like Green Bay, they’ll be in 3 wide packages a lot. It’s pretty crazy how bare the under center formations have been picked and cut. They’re might be only 50-100 pass plays under center that doesn’t send the TE deep. It’s very limited.

Also seems these custom books work better if you delete the playcall suggestions. If you don’t delete them with custom books, they’ll veer off the script more, but when you delete, they stick to the game plan longer. Saw Cleveland only throw 12 passes in a 31-6 win. They ran for 301 yards and passed for 52. Brown had 25-158 yards/Leroy kelly 7-83/Marion motley 9-50/the other guys had the remaining yards. With the playcall suggestions NOT deleted, they were throwing it more.

The bears book ive seen sayers have 4 catches for 99 yards and a td and payton had 3-68 and a td. Seen sayers catch 8 for 73 another time. Wouldn’t see this without the shotgun stuff. There’s pass patterns in there that doesn’t exist with undercenter stuff. Especially with RB delay routes. Also like i said, tons of cool underneath stuff for the TE’s as well, like screen, digs, this one where he goes 8 yards runs and loop and goes to sideline. There’s others too, just can’t think of them off the top of my head. Big reason i came back to custom books on all time set was to get these plays to these rosters.

Just really trying to bring the better plays from madden and combine them with the best personnel for the alltime teams.

The file is called xboxassantesgreatestever.

Teams finished:
Bears, bills, browns, KC, Dall, Miami, Philly, ATL, SF, NYG, Jags, GB, NE, OAK, Rams, Ravens, WASH, NO, PITT, broncos, Texans, panthers, vikings, colts