View Single Post
Old 07-25-2019, 12:48 PM   #1
xCoachDx
MVP

OVR: 0
Pass Coverage is STILL so broken

It’s baffling to me how EA says they “couldn’t get to pass coverage” this year when to me, it’s been one of the biggest issues in Madden for years. I mean just look at this stuff.

Receiver running in safeties deep half. Stands 10-20 yards deep and just chills.

Man coverage. Back gets turned after receiver makes his break. Has been an issue since 2014.

I don’t even know what’s happening here.

Receiver ran a stop/hitch route. Corner defended it well, then suddenly backed off. Notice how the ball has been thrown and he’s still backing up.

It blows my mind how coverages can still be so bad. Some people will say “Oh you can fix that with sliders.” Why should we have to go tweak sliders in order to keep basic stuff like this from happening? Safeties still play 20+ yards too deep, corners get stuck in their backpedal for way too long, linebackers let drags and slants go right by them without even touching them. I also captured a few clips where defenders were in perfect position to make a play on the ball but just stood there and let it go by them. There are SO many issues with this aspect of the game and it’s hard to imagine anything improving seeing as these are problems that started years ago.

But what’s curious to me, is that the CPU doesn’t have these issues on All-Madden. They play things almost perfectly. Which tells me that EA is certainly capable of fixing the problem, they’re just not doing it. Mind blowing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Advertisements - Register to remove