View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 11:50 AM   #4
huskerfan01
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 4- and 5-stars Who Don't Get Recruited

Quote:
Originally Posted by OHNOESNCAA14
The top 20 recruits thing is a bug I believe, it happens in my dynasty's too. It sucks because if your really trying to build up a terrible team but keep getting 4-5 stars that none of the top schools wanted it can kill the challenge sometimes.

As for leading in passing yards, I run an Air Raid so it kinda makes sense for me. As for rushing allowed, I almost always lead the nation in rusing allowed too. I always thought that it was because your facing less rush attempts since your not playing 15 min quarters(assuming your not)while the CPU does unless they play you. That might be wrong but thats my thought. Hope this helped!
Yeah - I try and limit myself to just one player like that, especially if it’s at a position of need. Sometimes I like to create a storyline like “this Player couldn’t get in due to academics” or something along those lines. Also, I think I just have an amazing system that needs a few skill players to excel. I just wish the simmed stats of CPU vs CPU games would increase. My results have been right where I expect them to be: 62-14 vs FCS, 35-17 vs 0-8 NMSU, 14-59 at #10 Texas, 35-28 vs UTEP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherrane
I have a house rule on this scenario where I can only add players to my recruiting board during the season if they have me listed in their school list or if they reside in a pipeline state (the idea is that high school coaches will contact college coaches they have a relationship with to advocate for the kid if he isn't getting recruited). UNM probably has California and Texas as pipelines, so that may not filter out that many recruits in the OP's situation. I was the OC for Georgia State for the first two years of my current dynasty and am now in my 2nd year as head coach. My pipeline states are Georgia, Florida, and South Carolina and it is rare when I can add anyone that is a 4 star or 5 star during the season.
I like that rule! I made it a priority to keep everyone from New Mexico. There were 5 recruits this season and I will get commitments from 4 of them. I also want to lockdown Arizona and get a majority of Texas’ 3*. My ideal pipelines would be New Mexico, Arizona, and Texas.