View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 05:41 PM   #2
kjking70
Rookie

kjking70's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The Patriot's Way: A Newcastle United Career Mode

I have a lot of free time coming up given that I’m home from college, so I decided to do a Career Mode. I find that Career Mode can be a bit repetitive, but I found Reddit user badgenes94, who has a collection of different challenges, and I gravitated towards one with Newcastle centering around the team being purchased by Robert Kraft. I adjusted it slightly, as you’ll see below, but I think this could be very fun.

Settings:
- Half Length: 5 minutes
- Difficulty: Ultimate
- Console: Xbox One

Finances

Rules:
1. Winning is not just expected, but required. I have to:

- Qualify for the Champions League within 3 years
- Win the FA Cup within 5 years
- Win the Premier League or Champions League within 5 years
- After the first PL/CL victory, I must win one or the other once every two years

Failure to do so will result in a firing.

2.The Patriots have succeed by finding undervalued talent. Newcastle will do the same. We will always have 3 youth scouts out looking for prospects others may gloss over. They will not be assigned to “traditional” soccer powers, such as Brazil, Germany, Spain, etc. The one exception is England, as the club will maintain a constant presence on the British Isles. The other two scouts will scour the world looking for talent in “lesser” nations. I will be using 1 star scouts to prevent the youth academy from being overpowered.

3. This is a business. We are in this to make money. You cannot spend more than you raise with player sales, plus 1/3 of your allocated transfer budget. In addition, no player wages may exceed $150,000.

4.No player is bigger than the club. Anyone who requests a transfer is free to leave.

5.Robert Kraft wants to make Newcastle a success in America as well. DeAndre Yedlin is the key to the American fanbase, so he cannot be sold and must remain happy.

6.I will not be using SoFIFA or any similar sites. I will also not be using training in an effort to make it just a bit more challenging.

7.Starting in January, I’ll be instituting storylines (transfer requests, suspensions, etc.) throughout the career using an RNG to select a player. Whatever the outcome, it must be applied to that player effective immediately. If you have any ideas, please let me know and I’ll implement them.

Any comments are welcome, and I hope you enjoy!