View Single Post
Old 07-29-2019, 10:32 PM   #1
Ren The Conqueror
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0
Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set

The All-Madden Project... Madden 20 Edition

Welcome to the Madden 20 edition of The All Madden Project. While this thread is hosted by yours truly, this is ultimately a collaborative effort. I am testing various ideas with DaReal Milticket. Various others are also incorporated into this set. It may or may not be evident, but the artist formally known as Trojan Man (now Darth Raider – how cool is that???) / JoshC1977 / KingV2k3 / awffltony77 / Armor and Sword / Schnaidt1 / Charter04 / tyler28 / along with many other valuable OS’ers are incorporated and present in this set. I, for one, am extremely grateful to have stumbled upon Operation Sports when I did a few years back. There are some great ideas, excellent discussions, and more importantly, I’ve made a few friends on here. Not a bad way to spend some web time. I appreciate everyone on OS from Steve down to the trolls and whiners… maybe sans the trolls and whiners

Disclaimer: I consider this set to be "All-Pro Plus", in terms of difficulty. It’s designed to balance out the User and CPU, reducing the CPU boosts from AM, while giving the game that any given Sunday, NFL feel. A low overall team, whether it be user controlled, or the CPU opponent, should be able to sneak out a win against a higher OVR team, from time to time. This happens every week in the NFL. We’re also looking for week to week variance with our games, which we’ve achieved. With this set: ratings stand out, particularly with individual matchups on field, more so than team OVR ratings, which can be deceiving. It’s AM, so you still need to bring your a-game, but from a “sim” perspective. Also know this: while I like stats and animations to be close, I don’t chase them unless they are relative and contextual to the on-field gameplay. Games will vary, and as always, YMMV.

Why All Madden: Why not? The heavy-hitters in this forum already have the All Pro turf covered. Let’s create another option and way to play the game. Let me say this first: I do not view being an All Madden player as being “I’m too good for All Pro”. That’s simply not the case. FWIW, I’m an average Madden player at best. Instead, I view All Pro and All Madden as two completely separate games within the game. It’s more of an approach, and as we know, it’s all about approach with this title. Personally, I believe that All Pro, and even Pro, both animate better than All Madden. But, here we are. I’m angling my approach through the All Madden lens. In fact, a couple of those heavy-hitter All Pro guys may be giving All Madden a good hard look this year. I am really hopeful that they do.

The approach itself: Ok, since the beta dropped, I had been adamant about going OOTB for 5-6 months, and then patching up come February. The last three iterations of this game didn’t go so well for me. I got caught up in the slideritis abyss… to the point where I didn’t complete a single season in a keeper franchise. When you’re OOTB they can’t take it away from you. I picked up my hard copy on launch day, unplugged from the net, and installed the game. FWIW, the OOTB 1.00 version is literally the beta, with a wrench turn or two. This is great because it’s a legitimate fall back, IMO. However, I abandoned the OOTB concept rather quickly; I decided to embrace the patches yet again, and bend my approach around them. In order to do so, the set itself needs to be simplistic. So…

…The idea behind this set: Distress as little as possible. That old saying ‘little is more’ has never been truer. This one took me a while to embrace. With All Madden, it’s all about minimizing / eliminating the CPU boosts. These come mainly from two or three areas. CPU QBs (also known as RoboQB), CPU INT, and CPU pass rush against the user. In Madden 20, the CPU OP INTs are not present. This is huge. Tuning down INTs is one of the most difficult things to do, because you can really screw up coverage to the point of no return. Luckily, no tuning was needed in that area.

The ‘end’ result: The less we change, the better. Unfortunately, this game is a shadow of what it was during the beta and at launch. We've had to change more than originally intended, though the concept of this set is still intact.

Final thoughts: There isn’t a right or a wrong with a particular approach to Madden. After all, sim is in the eye of the beholder. What one person deems as ‘sim’, may not be ‘sim’ to another. I decided to create this thread for two reasons: 1. Add another layer of conversation to the Sliders / Madden discussion (I keep up-to-date on the other threads), so that we can all continue to share and bounce ideas off of each other. 2. If even one person stumbles on this set and decides they like it enough to carry a deeper interest in Madden, it is all worth it.

Note: Milticket is on PC and I’m on PS4 Pro with the disc. I imagine that Milticket will more than likely be creating his own separate thread at some point. I encourage everyone to check out his work when he does. He’s one of the best out of the box (no pun) thinkers when it comes to Madden. He’s also big on editing things under the hood.

M20 / AM Set / Post-Patch V 1.22

Roster: I have always suggested using the default stock 75-man preseason roster that ships with the game. It doesn't have any ratings inflation, and generally it plays more "grounded". FWIW, the updated EA rosters seem to play fine. I would suggest not using an updated roster much past weeks 4-6 as the ratings will be inflated, which will have an adverse effect on the balance of the league as you progress over the next few seasons in your franchise, and as the new draft classes are imported.

Draft classes: I suggest using the default automated classes. If you want Tua in YR 2 (the 2020 season), select the first available QB in the draft, and then edit his name, ratings, and attributes as you see fit after the draft is over. I would steer clear of custom classes, though that is ultimately the user's choice.
UPDATE on 01.18.20: While I still recommend using the default automated EA classes, I am now heavily endorsing FalconATL’s draft classes on PSN. He has done some extremely detailed and intricate work on both his 2020 and 2021 classes, and the ratings are very balanced - they will blend in nicely with the stock EA roster. He continues to update these classes so they are up-to-date with current player rankings and draft declarations.

Difficulty: All-Madden
Game Mode: Simulation

Enter all of the values below into Connected Franchise Mode (CFM) only.

*denotes settings that are not default

HUM
QB Accuracy: 50
Pass Blocking: 50
WR Catching: 75*
Run Blocking: 50
Fumbles: 50
Pass Defense Reaction Time: 50
Interceptions: 23*
Pass Coverage: 50
Tackling: 46*

CPU
QB Accuracy: 10*
Pass Blocking: 50
WR Catching: 50
Run Blocking: 50
Fumbles: 50
Pass Defense Reaction Time: 50
Interceptions: 13*
Pass Coverage: 50
Tackling: 43*

ALL Special Teams 50

MM value on the left / CFM on the right

PENALTIES
Offside: 50 / 50
False Start: 50 / 50
Offensive Holding: 50 / 50
Face Mask: 50 / 50
Illegal Block In The Back: 50 / 50
Roughing Passer: 50 / 50
Defensive Pass Interference: 50 / 50
OPI: On
Ineligible Man Downfield: On / Off
All Others: On

Global Gameplay Sliders
Injuries: 11 / 11* (advance at 50)
Fatigue: 65 / 65*
Player Speed Parity Scale: 50 / 50

Auto subs all @ 60 / 80 in MM and CFM

XP all @ default 100% or tdawg’s, which are money as usual (thanks tdawg!!) / I am using tdawg's XP - they are posted below.

Game Options
Superstar Abilities: Choice
Live playbooks: On
Career Clock: On
Heat Seeker Assist: On
Auto Flip Play (Defense): On
Defense Switch Assist: On
Ballhawk: Off
Coin Toss: Receive / With Wind
Quarter Length: 10 minutes
Play Clock: On
Accelerated Clock: Off*
Rundown: n/a
Play Call Style: Slim
Camera Toggle: Off
Coaching Tips: Off
Special Moves: Manual
Progression: Weekly
Injuries: On
Pre-existing Injuries: On

Sister team approach (for injuries): The injuries in Madden are not proportionate. They never have been. While I would like to use the default INJ values of 10 MM / 40 CFM, it won't yield the injuries that I'm looking for. I want more injuries, not less. But, they need to be outside of RB and WR. If you jack your INJ slider, you may see a few more off-ball injures (still not enough IMO), and you'll guarantee yourself to be without your top RB and WRs. I want to see my LG go down for a month, or my sub LB, or my second TE... If we run 40 or 50 CFM INJ, we won't get enough variety, and we'll for sure be without our top 2 RB and WR at some point. Guaranteed. What is 'sim' about that? If that works for you, then by all means run this set with 10 / 40 INJ. It still plays well. I have decided to take a different approach - use of a 'sister team'. Full credit to KingV2k3 for this idea from yestercycle. At the onset of franchise, I randomly select another team to follow, isolated to their injury list. For instance, in my Oakland franchise, I randomly selected SF as my sister team. After I advance to the next week, I pull their injury report. If they are down their top-rated LT, then I am down mine as well. Essentially, I will start my backup LT until the SF LT is back in action. This gives me a greater level of immersion than the current EA / Madden injury system provides. How do I get a decent amount of league-wide injuries with the CFM INJ slider set to 11? Simple. I raise the INJ slider in CFM to 50-52 (see above) prior to advancement to the next week. Once I arrive at the next week, I manually lower the slider back to 11. Rinse. Wash. Repeat.

TDawg's Madden 20 XP Sliders - v2.0 - Final:

Position Sliders
QB...... 95%
HB...... 125%
TE...... 150%
WR...... 125%
FB...... 115%
T...... 145%
G...... 135%
C...... 165%
DE...... 140%
DT...... 170%
MLB...... 95%
OLB...... 98%
CB...... 95%
FS...... 107%
SS...... 106%
K...... 100%
P...... 100%

Franchise Tips
I encourage everyone to check out Mattanite’s M20 franchise tips thread. It’s extremely informative and well written.
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...hise-tips.html

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 02-28-2020 at 10:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove