View Single Post
Old 07-30-2019, 07:16 PM   #26
bucknut7
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

First game with sliders to start my Browns CFM. Played the Titans to a 40-40 tie.

Seems high scoring, but a lot of wonky stuff happened. They blocked a punt, and I fumbled on a kick return. I also accidentally blitzed all (getting used to the new pre-play adjustments) and gave up a 70-yard TD as a result. I also threw a horrible pick-six on a bad RPO play.

Also contributing to the score were, what I felt were, the high amount of penalties. They had 11-116, I had 9-99. I think there were 5+ facemasks and roughing the passers, the latter of which didn't seem to have any merit based on what was actually happening on the field. To me, it seemed like penalties called based on RNG and not animations or actions.

Coverage was OK. Saw some bad stuff with defenders making glitchy breaks out of position, but I only completed 63% with Mayfield. Mariota was 29-38 for 360, but 200+ yards were from RAC. He was dumping it off a ton, which was pretty realistic. Interested to see if this is different with better/more daring QBs.

Looking forward to playing more, and I might just put penalty sliders at default. My personal preference is for less penalties than more, if the more doesn't feel earned.