View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 01:19 PM   #83
bucknut7
Pro

OVR: 3
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I didn't actually start my franchise last night (well, I did....I just didn't play my first game). I decided to look further at the RTP and FM penalty sliders.

I can get behind lowering FM to 50. It will probably help reduce shed and hit power ever so slightly - not bad things. I'm worried about it nerfing pursuit....which is questionable "as is". I'm going to put it down as an option and will test it out a bit more to see where I land.

RTP....I'm going to leave it as "User's Choice" with the following observations:

51 RTP
  • Pro: QBs will look off of primary receiver more readily.
  • Pro: More variety in pass distribution
  • Pro: Smarter QB play in the pocket since they are not 'locking-on' to primary.
  • Pro: More aggressive pass rush
  • Con: You MAY see too many RTP calls (most of which are dubious if you go back and watch the replay). There is also a bug where defenders will get called for RTP on turnover returns (I reported it to Clint with video evidence).

50 RTP
  • Con: No RTP calls...period (for a game representing a league that is highly protective of their QBs)
  • Con: CPU QBs will lock onto primary more - leading to more dump passes and higher comp % (i.e. RoboQB)
  • Con: Reduced pass rush
  • Con: You will see more plays where CPU QBs behave badly in the pocket (constantly backing-up for example)

I'm sticking with 51 personally but I can understand people being annoyed with the calls (as a side note: if you're worried about the CPU getting called for them too often, you always have an option to decline).

So, that's where I stand right now. We haven't even hit the full launch day and we're down to two "user choice" penalty settings. Everything else (coverage glitchiness aside - which will need a patch) is spot-on. Fortunately, it looks like we have another year where no gameplay sliders are needed on All Pro!!

Unless I get diverted, I'll be starting my Week 1 preseason game tonight!

Edit: This also means that until I complete the three season minimal required sample size outlined on the OP, I will not be making any further adjustments to this set (acknowledging some possible waffling on those two penalty sliders). The only exception will be if we receive a significant gameplay-altering patch. I highly recommend all of you consider doing the same and just kick back and let the ratings shine.
This is interesting, thanks for the recap of Pros/Cons. Just out of curiosity, what effects do you believe the other penalty sliders have on gameplay. For instance, does DPI at 51 lead to different results in coverage?