View Single Post
Old 08-01-2019, 10:46 PM   #7
mcdowell31
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Higher Zone Usage Is More Like Modern NBA Defense On 2K19 (Play Now Mode)

devroyce, love what you did here: This adds to thinking, simulation basketball!

I am taking the liberty of working with your discovery on my coach's spreadsheet. I had discovered that the substitution percentage on the Coach's Profile is incorrect, so I worked out a formula based on roster usage to improve it. It took a while, but I recalculated and then entered the new values into the game, and they work very well.

I had left Zone Usage blank on my sheet because I was not certain what direction to go to recalculate that. Your work is looking good on my spreadsheet so far:

Steve Kerr 65
Mike D'antoni 70
Alvin Gentry 53

The values are lower than yours but higher than 2K's roster maker. My values are lower because I am using the statistics associated with a coach's historic best record. Gentry's best teams were in Phoenix and defense was different 15 years ago. Kerr's and D'antoni's numbers are from the last three years.

I am looking forward to crunching out the rest of the League and inputting to see what happens. Previously, I lowered the Jumpshot release sliders to 25 for me and the AI, and jacked the Layup sliders to 100: That got 3FGAs up to today's standard, but I want to put those sliders back and try what you are doing.

I like playing MyLeague as a history simulation, and since 2K came out with the physical contact slider I have often wondered what it would take to replicate smash-mouth 1990's basketball. I think you may have the solution.

I will let you know what I find!

Last edited by mcdowell31; 08-02-2019 at 11:44 PM.