View Single Post
Old 08-07-2019, 09:26 PM   #2210
giants76
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 19 CPU vs CPU Sliders

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommycoa
Might take a few months, but i’m Gonna get the game, based on this email playmakers sent earlier today. Never seen him this high on a madden game. Here’s the email and his impressions.

Tommy

Man you got to get this game ASAP

I know your still working hard on the playbooks in Madden 19 and I love classic rosters more than default rosters but trust me when I say this the gameplay is awesome this year once you start seeing how the sliders react.

Honestly in years past I got bored with Madden after like 2 months because the game was stale once that newness wore off and players were the same no personality to them on the field.

But my last two games were totally different from each other I played the Cowboys vs Bears and that was a low scoring slug it out defensive battle that I lost 17-3. Both Qb's stunk up the joint completing just over 50% of their passes for less than 200 yards and Zeke who had 70+ yards in the 1st half alone got completed shutdown in the 2nd half by the Bears defense he finished the game with just 88 yards it was like they decided they were going to focus on the run defense. I gave up the most sacks I've ever had in Madden vs the CPU 7 and K.Mack had 5 of them because my RT L.Collins was constantly getting beat forcing Dak with low QBA slider to make some really poor throws which I absolutely loved seeing.
The tackle slider
The 2nd game I played the 49ers and man it just felt like an entirely different game no slider changes at all but Jimmy G was much more accurate than Mitch T. He lit me up for 333 yards with two deep shots to Goodwin 52 yards and 47 yards for TD's I won the game 31-27 but it felt so much different from the Bears vs Cowboys. Zeke had 153 yards rushing with 66 yard TD run and Dak who was terrible vs the Bears had less pressure from the 49ers defense and he connected on 16-24 passes for 240 yards.

A few things I'm torn with is the Tackle slider and Run Block slider for human. The tackle slider just like every other version of Madden destroys the CPU ability to run the ball or make elusive moves. A lot of people hate lowering this slider but it absolutely opens up the entire field for the CPU. They run more plays and have a chance of success because defenders aren't on them right way once the ball is hiked. CPU runs screen plays, WR handoffs, pitch out's all that stuff much better when you fool around with this slider.

But most importantly the CPU QB just looks so much lively under pressure because for years I've been saying the tackle slider enhances their ability to move around and run on you it likes a pocket awareness type of thing which kicks in their Vision rating.

You obviously have to tinker with the Fumble slider or run block slider in order balance it out with a lower tackle slider because it could lead to lots of unrealistic broken tackles but if you find a sweet spot you can get the CPU juking and running the game ball solid in a realistic manner. I could raise Run Block but that would be my last resort if I don't find that sweet spot with the lower settings.

I'm seeing a lot of things on the field where even if you go 0 on the sliders you still some of the same type of plays as if the sliders were at 50 which makes me believes that the ratings tend to have more value now this year more than ever.

For example with 0 Pass Reaction and 0 Coverage DB's will still react if you call the right plays and put them in position to make a play. I saw the CPU secondary still deflecting and covering WR's really good even with low sliders. That wasn't the case in years past on Pro level when you had to increase coverage for CPU. Maybe it's the lower QBA slider playing apart more this year than in years past I'm not sure but the CPU really does a good job in coverage on my WR's.

A lot of the crazy arcade hits are calmed down a bit also guys aren't looking firing of at you rocket launchers on every tackle more wrap ups are happening with lower setting.

Love your All Time rosters for Madden 19 and I'll play with them often for my classic roster fix.....

But i'd say despite some flaws as usual with the game Madden 20 is solid. You know me i'm not going to sugar coat EA's games if they are good I'll say it and if they suck i'll say it to and not try to convince anyone to buy. The game is solid enough to at least keep my attention throughout the NFL season and that's saying a lot because like I said if you go back and check I usually stop updating sliders and playing Madden after like two months
20 is outstanding and it's better than 19. Madden19 was good 20 is great. Its about dam time EA dilivered and good Madden game. Plus, they got rid of that terrible tight spiral trait. The replay value of 20 is very high.