View Single Post
Old 08-08-2019, 06:33 AM   #5
howardphillips214
MVP

howardphillips214's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Official 2k20 MyPlayer Build Thread.

Wow... My thoughts on my build just got reaaaaaally different.

I have no idea how many we can equip, but chris manning saying you can build how you want has my head spinning.

This could be the first time since 2k16 i can play the role i was built for. Drive and kick PG.

Badges I want HOF if we can choose.

Contact finisher
Giant slayer
Quick first step
Clamps
Catch and shoot

I went with only 5 HOF and that build is already looking beastly.

If you can put your attributes anywhere im thinking a 200lb guard around 6'4 something like this

80 dunks
80 layups
70 mid
70 three
70 ball handling
99 speed with ball (if possible)
80 defense
90 Off ball speed

This guy seems to pretty OP tho.

I seen some screen shots of the player builder, it seems you will have some sort of skeleton archetype system

I could take the low ratings and make up with badges. But maybe they will make some badges only available based on archetype. It seems getting the badges i would want would have to be based on what i select at the beginning. But Wang DID say "equip".

So if I'm being a little more realistic i could see settling for standard slasher badges and not getting clamps HOF as long as I can still "equip" other lower tiered badges.

Lets say for the sake of pure speculation... Sure, you can UNLOCK every badge like in 17 but only on bronze. But you will have to sacrifice a badge that you can EQUIP. So... Say for instance i want my BRONZE catch and shoot EQUIPPED meaning for a game or two to see if i like it. I would TOTALLY give up an ACROBAT for CnS.

Lets say if I go slasher first and i DO want to spend more on my three later on, since I havent hit a cap breaker, could i equip CnS till I get a better rating?

Right now my build seems pretty OP and I'm not even thinking about ratings too hard and only on badges.

If they DO bring back the "Balanced" builds from 16 could i theoretically equip any HOF badges i wanted? In that case start as Balanced to remove all restrictions entirely.

I still think that certain ratings need to be heavier tho. Essentially if i forewent post scoring and rebounding on a guard i could max defense all the way in 2k16 and still had enough points to do whatever I wanted on offense. In the reverse, on 16 if you put NO points in defense, rebounding, or passing you could literally max all your offensive points based on inside,outside, balanced.

This is tough for me.

Just having a finisher with first step is huge, them separating speed with ball from ball handling is huge. No longer do I have to be SOLELY a dribbler to be the fastest guy on the court. If athleticism/speed is TRULY back this year ill be happy. Even if its OP at first and they nerf it the first week i still will be happy they tried.

Stoked.
Advertisements - Register to remove