View Single Post
Old 08-10-2019, 03:53 AM   #1
Rob9874
Rookie

Rob9874's Arena

OVR: 0
Extreme Slider Experiment

Being tired of CPU QBs throwing 400+ yds and 75-82% every game, I decided to get extreme with sliders. I bumped Human Pass Coverage and Def Reaction Time to 75 ea. No difference whatsoever. My defenders were 5-10 yds away from the CPU's WRs on every pass.

So I got real mad and set those sliders to 100 ea, and CPU QB ACC to 0, just to see what would happen. My game was against the Falcons, and Matt Ryan was throwing the ball all over the place. So that proved that some sliders do have an effect. However, my defenders still played way off the WRs. Granted, I'm the Cards, who don't have a great secondary, but even Peterson (92 OVR) had no idea what was going on. At 100 Pass Coverage!

Even with those extreme sliders, it was a very close game (Both the Cards as a team in the game, and myself as a player, both suck). I was only up less than a TD (25-19) in the last 2:00 of the game. But after punting back to ATL, Matt Ryan was on fire! He went 8-for-8 and drove 75 yds for a TD to beat me 26-25.

This experiment proved a few things:
- QB ACC slider does work
- Human Def sliders may or may not work
- No one should play as the Cardinals
- I am not a very good Madden player
- The game gives the CPU a ratings boost at the end of the game, possibly for clutch players. Matt Ryan was 7-for-30 before that last drive, then went 8-for-8, to finish 15-for-38. Didn't complete 8 passes ALL GAME, then goes 8-for-8 in the last drive. Cmon. With 0 QB ACC.

Last edited by Rob9874; 08-10-2019 at 04:03 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove