View Single Post
Old 08-12-2019, 10:35 AM   #176
Ren The Conqueror
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set

I have a potential major discovery and possible solution to the running backward QBs. In my first two preseason games, I got to see Blake Bortles, Kyler Murray, and Brett Hundley scramble to extend plays (to throw or run). It was a thing of beauty. Not once, did I see any of them run backwards. I only saw Goff for a quarter so I cannot evaluate this for him. However, when I got to the GB and SEA preseason games, that all changed. Both Rodgers and Wilson ran backwards (not a lot by any means, but enough) instead of scrambling to extend the play. I also recall seeing Rivers and Brady do this.

This leads me to believe this issue is caused by QBs with the ideal trait. I haven't looked at the traits as of yet, but I am going to review what QB traits Murray and Bortles have vs. the elite QBs. Hopefully, by changing the ideal trait (which is what I spectate the elite QBs have) to balanced / trigger happy / paranoid, that will solve the issue. What I hope it isn't is a AWR ratings issue for the top tier QBs. As in they are so aware, that they will continue to think they can throw from the pocket, even if it means running backwards for 10+ yards. I doubt that is the case...

Assuming the QB trait is the issue, I will make it a point to edit this trait prior to each game, and then change it back after the game is over. In case this ever gets patched, I don't want to have a bunch of QBs changed outside of the games that I'm playing. This is a quick fix, and the only editing that I'll be doing.

Once I have this nailed down, I will update the OP.

Other note: CPU PBK needs to be between 30-35 with this set. OP updated to reflect that.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror

Last edited by Ren The Conqueror; 08-12-2019 at 10:57 AM.