Ren The Conqueror
Gaming Avenger

Ren The Conqueror's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Madden NFL 20 / The All Madden Project / Offline CFM / User vs. CPU Set

Quote:
Originally Posted by XxStew21xx
Appreciate all your hard work Ren.

Been looking for some good All-Madden sliders so decided I would try it out.

I'm only 2 games in and I know that's really nothing but I have enjoyed the games I played. Running seemed right on point. Passing has been ok so far but I'm currently Using the Bills and Allen is a 74 overall so I cant expect great things out of him. I played against the jets and Sam Darnold was pretty bad. Threw it to the ground a couple times but also had some other nice throws. Played the Giants in week 2 and Manning threw 2 picks..didnt look that great. I had 1 sack where he kept backing up. Since I have only played 2 teams that are not very good so I'm very curious how my games will play out against an elite signal caller.

Game 1 I got sacked like 7 times. Had 2 or 3 sacks.
Gane 2 I didnt get sacked once and had like 5 or 6 sacks.

I will keep you updated on how my other games go.

Was curious if you were going to try out CPU Qba at 14
Hey Stew! Glad you're enjoying Madden.

As for QBA, there's such a fine line here. I have not tested 14, but I have tested 15. What happens is, the elite QBs play like roboQB @ 15, but the bad QBs still play bad. @ 13, the elite QBs come back down to earth, but still play light years better than the average and worse QBs. Unfortunately, that's kind of what we're dealing with at this point.

As for CPU QB play, I am on to something. QBs that are set to Ideal, Balanced, and Trigger happy all seem to play the same. They all run backwards. When QBs are set to Paranoid, they all begin to play in their own unique way. Scramblers scramble, pocket passers pass, balanced QBs do both (as needed), and there is no backwards running. It's amazing. I don't want to go down an edits rabbit hole, and I won't as a whole, but doing so for QBs is a necessity at this point (for me). I know many will scoff at this, and that is fine. But it's what I'm doing. If you think about it, all QBs that we see on Sunday are 'paranoid'. If they are not, they are going to get dumped. Look how fast Tom Brady, Aaron Rodgers and Phillip Rivers get rid of the ball. They have that sense of urgency in his head (aka what Madden dubs as 'paranoia'). This is a needed trait of any successful QB. It acts as an awareness modifier in Madden...

...which leads me to my next point. I think all of the QBs in this game would play better if they had higher awareness ratings. I am not going down this road, at the moment, but that might be another game by game edit to consider - a bump in their awareness ratings. The AWR rating essentially acts as how smart the QBs play. If you see a guy with an AWR rating in the 60's or 70's, don't expect smart QB play. Guys in the 80's and 90's play much, much better. I may consider bumping all QBs into this range, as I play the games. If I do that, I will change their ratings right back after my game is over, just as I am doing so for the trait edits. This will not make all of the QBs play the same, as they will still play realistically to all of their other ratings. This is what we're looking for. Funny, as I type this, I'm very tempted to go this route. In fact, it may be necessary to do this if you're playing with QBs set to Paranoid, to help balance them out.

MLB The Show 19 (PS5)
NBA Live 19 (PS5)
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Madden NFL 11 (PS3)

Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/ren_the_conqueror