View Single Post
Old 08-19-2019, 03:44 PM   #12
Kingslayer04
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: What strikes do you feel need changes?(besides knee elbow)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmageek
Yeah this would be perfect. I wanna be able to grind people down like Colby while throwing some high volume combos that don't necessarily rock them. I think it takes away from the realism when guys like Colby are rocking people constantly.

And I don't think that block should be completely black-and-white. Right now, block works 100% of the time when it's not broken. I'd like to see it be more like FNC where some well placed combos can sneak through the guard. This would be especially realistic when you have someone backed against the cage and are teeing off.
Yeah, I'm particularly interested in how stiff strikes can be implemented. In real life they don't knock you out, at least not until later, but you feel them and they drain you. Perhaps another situation where dynamic stat change during a fight can be great, which would reflect the punishment accumulated from guys like Holloway or Ferguson.

This also made me think of how the health system is rather linear, just bars, and I wonder if that can do with a change of some sort. Obviously the paper doll is one choice, but I'm thinking of something like the system where the screen gets blurry around the edges the more damage you take and you need to avoid damage to get it normalized. Now in UFC, you shouldn't recover to 100% like you do in these action or shooter games. And yeah, I imagine how the damage accumulated from a Ferguson in R4 would result in a significantly blurry screen around the edges, one that slightly impairs the experience and lets you know ****'s real. Something like that.