View Single Post
Old 08-20-2019, 11:36 AM   #10
makmanmu
Rookie

makmanmu's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: OS Community Tuning Update - A Work in Progress

With another season soon approaching, I want to revive this thread because there is a lot of potential here.

I was looking at the table dump information and think I figured out some things:

-Table CPRR assigns the Coach Prestige rating to each coach. So coaches rated in the top 11 (still not quite sure how coaches are rated) will be assigned an A+ rating. Here is the breakdown:
1 to 11: A+
12 to 21: A
22 to 36: A-
37 to 51: B+
52 to 71: B
72 to 111: B-
112 to 151: C+
And so on. Personally I think the ratings are way too generous and want to lower this so not all Head Coaches are C+ and above.

-Table PGII assigns the probability a recruit will have each pitch in the top 3.
IWSA - Stadium Atmosphere
RCCB - Recruit Caliber (star)
IWSB - Coach Stability
IWCC - Championship Contender
IWCF - Conference Prestige
IWPF - Pro Potenital
IWCH - Coach Prestige
IWCL - Campus Lifestyle
IWTN - Program Tradition
IWAP - Academic Prestige
PPGR - Not sure. It goes from 1-9, so maybe there are 9 different tracks per each recruits star rating?
IWPS - Play Style
IWFT - Facilities
IWPT - Play Time
IWTV - Television Exposure
IWPX - Proximity to Home

-Table PDBP - My theory with this table is that it populates the teams that the recruit is initially interested in based on pitch. For example, a 1 star only has a value in the DKPX (Proximity to Home) column. So that recruit would only have schools close to home in the initial interest list. But a 5 star has values in Champ Contender, Conference Prestige, Coach Prestige, Pro Potential, Play Style, Play Time, and Proximity to Home.

I am trying to get some testing done on my theories, but I am getting the error "Error - this is not a DB or MC02 File" when trying to open the Tuning Update file in the Generic Editor. Has anyone been able to get the Tuning Update file to open in the editor?