View Single Post
Old 08-23-2019, 10:48 PM   #1
tdawg3782
I hate you Norv

tdawg3782's Arena

OVR: 11
TDawg3782's Madden 20 CFM Progression Tool

What does this tool do?

It's an Excel based workbook that eliminates XP progression and substitutes a potential based progression system.

Why would I want that?

Because progression by XP is a horrible system.

But wait, aren't you the XP Slider guy?

I am but just because I spend a stupid amount of time on getting XP sliders correct doesn't mean I like the system. I do that because we never had a choice before so I did the best I could to give us a good experience with what we had.

Why this tool then?

I've wanted for years to create my own progression system. With Madden coming to PC last year I was hopeful someone would eventually be able to crack the CFM code. Well thanks to bep713 we now have that ability.

TDawg3782's Madden 20 CFM Progression Tool

Official Release Version Notes

v4.0 (Official)

v1.0
Spoiler

v2.0
Spoiler

V3.0
Spoiler

v4.0
-Potential tier system has been rewritten to better emulate how players progress based even more on Dev Trait. This will allow for less Normal Dev players to be overloading the top tier (90+). But they can still get there.

-Practice Squad players will get a potential rolled but they do not earn their points until they are signed to a roster. If they don’t get signed to a roster, they lose the points for that year.

-Free Agents will not get a potential rolled until signed to a roster. If signed they will get their potential at the next progression/regression stage. This eliminates players sitting in free agency with massive amounts of skill points and asking for a lot of money.

-Regression system has been redone to allow for separate QB and HB regression tiers. Other positions are still grouped together. This will allow for a more realistic regression rate for those positions.

-Reworked at what Ovr players get their Dev Trait downgraded.

-Reworked the Dev Trait upgrade so veterans will get a boost (depending on current Ovr) even if the are already at their potential. Allows for a veteran to have a resurgence.

-Added an Offseason report. Will show progression like the other progression reports but will also show player regression and Dev Trait upgrades.

-v3.0 to v4.0 Conversion macro added so you can continue you franchise without restarting.

-Optimized the import back into your franchise in the franchise editor. It should take no more than 5 seconds.

Plans for Next Version

-Right now, I am content. I am thinking of maybe implementing a Team Ovr chart based on my own formula (that I haven’t come up with yet) but I’m in no rush. Just an idea.

-Other than that I think I’m good other than some fine tuning to the tool if I see something that needs adjusting.

Thanks,
Troy H. (TDawg3782)

Quick Instructions

****VERY IMPORTANT****
-You must zero out all XP Sliders before starting your CFM otherwise it defeats the entire purpose of this tool.
-You must have Excel or a program like that that can handle macros. Everything was written on the latest version of Excel.
-Do not change the filename of the tool. The name is hard coded and will cause an error if the filename has been changed.

****DEV NOTE****
-You must run your 1ST progression any time after Week 3 and your 2nd progression any time before Week 17. You must run your regression at 1st week of offseason. That is when the tool is set up to run. If done differently than that risk is yours.
-Link to video tutorial of v4.0 will be created shortly (hopefully lol):
-ALWAYS MAKE A BACKUP OF YOUR CFM BEFORE EDITING!!!!!

****YEAR 1 – 1ST AND 2ND PROGRESSION AND OFFSEASON RESIGN STAGE REGRESSION****
****STEP BY STEP****
1. Save your Franchise at week you choose to do your progression. Exit out of CFM.
2. Open Franchise Editor. (https://github.com/bep713/madden-fra...ditor/releases)
3. Open your saved Franchise file.
4. Go to table editor, type in 143 (this changes sometimes but it’s usually always between 133-146) and hit enter to get to the player table.
5. File, export, save (i.e. S01 Wk8 1st). The exported file will automatically open. Close before going to next step.
6. Open v4.0 of my progression tool.
7. Be sure to enable macros in excel.
8. Click on “1st” tab (it should come up automatically).
9. Click the "Year 1 – 1st Progression" button.
10. Select the file you just exported from the Franchise Editor.
11. All info will be loaded in behind the scenes, Skill Points and Dev Trait update will be copied and pasted back to your exported excel file, saved, and closed. Save my progression tool and close.
12. The tool creates a new copy of you exported file. It takes whatever you named it and adds a “_Import.xlsx” at the end (without the quotes). For example, if you named the file you exported from the Franchise Editor “test.xlsx” my tool renames it “test.xlsx_Import.xlsx” (again without quotes) after it copies relevant information and saves it. Go back to Franchise Editor, file, import the file with “_Import.xlsx” (without quotes) at the end, and select your exported file.
13. Import has been optimized. Should take no more than 5 seconds. When it’s done save file.
14. Go back to Madden and load your save.
15. Sim to next week and all players will have progressed unless on a bye week. They will progress the next week. (except your players unless you have that on auto).
16. Repeat steps 1-8 at your next chosen week of your Franchise.
17. This time click the “Year 1 – 2nd Progression” button.
18. Select the file you just exported from the Franchise Editor.
19. All info will be loaded in behind the scenes, Skill Points will be copied and pasted back to your exported excel file, saved, and closed. Save my progression tool and close.
20. Repeat steps 12-13.
21. Go back to Madden and load your save.
22. Sim to next week and all players will have progressed unless on a bye week. They will progress the next week. (except your players unless you have that on auto).
23. Repeat steps 1-8 at 1st week of offseason.
24. This time click the “Year 1 – Offseason Resign Stage Regression” button.
25. Select the file you just exported from the Franchise Editor.
26. Regression skill points and dev trait upgrade bonus will be copied and pasted back to your exported excel file, saved, and closed. Save my progression tool and close.
27. Repeat steps 12-13.
28. Go back to Madden and load 1st week offseason save.
29. CPU players will not auto progress until week 1 of preseason but all skill points have been added back to regressed players based on regression rate and dev upgrade players have earned bonus skill points. You can manually add them to your players at any time if you want.

****YEAR 2-30 – 1ST AND 2ND PROGRESSION AND OFFSEASON RESIGN STAGE REGRESSION****
****STEP BY STEP****
1. Save your Franchise at week you choose to do your progression. Exit out of CFM.
2. Open Franchise Editor. (https://github.com/bep713/madden-fra...ditor/releases)
4. Go to table editor, type in 143 (this changes sometimes but it’s usually always between 133-146) and hit enter to get to the player table.
5. File, export, save (i.e. S01 Wk8 1st). The exported file will automatically open. Close before going to next step.
7. Click on “1st” tab (it should come up automatically).
8. Click the "Year 2-30 – 1st Progression" button.
9. Select the file you just exported from the Franchise Editor.
10. All info will be loaded in behind the scenes, Skill Points and Dev Trait update will be copied and pasted back to your exported excel file, saved, and closed. Save my progression tool and close.
11. The tool creates a new copy of you exported file. It takes whatever you named it and adds a “_Import.xlsx” at the end (without the quotes). For example, if you named the file you exported from the Franchise Editor “test.xlsx” my tool renames it “test.xlsx_Import.xlsx” (again without quotes) after it copies relevant information and saves it. Go back to Franchise Editor, file, import the file with “_Import.xlsx” (without quotes) at the end, and select your exported file.
12. Import has been optimized. Should take no more than 5 seconds. When it’s done save file.
13. Go back to Madden and load your save.
14. Sim to next week and all players will have progressed unless on a bye week. They will progress the next week. (except your players unless you have that on auto).
15. Repeat steps 1-7 at your next chosen week of your Franchise.
16. This time click the “Year 2-30 – 2nd Progression” button.
17. Select the file you just exported from the Franchise Editor.
18. All info will be loaded in behind the scenes, Skill Points will be copied and pasted back to your exported excel file, saved, and closed. Save my progression tool and close.
19. Repeat steps 12-13.
20. Go back to Madden and load your save.
21. Sim to next week and all players will have progressed unless on a bye week. They will progress the next week. (except your players unless you have that on auto).
22. Repeat steps 1-7 at 1st week of offseason.
23. This time click the “Year 2-30 – Offseason Resign Stage Regression” button.
24. Select the file you just exported from the Franchise Editor.
25. Regression skill points and dev trait upgrade bonus will be copied and pasted back to your exported excel file, saved, and closed. Save my progression tool and close.
26. Repeat steps 11-12.
27. Go back to Madden and load 1st week offseason save.
28. CPU players will not auto progress until week 1 of preseason but all skill points have been added back to regressed players based on regression rate and dev upgrade players have earned bonus skill points. You can manually add them to your players at any time if you want.

****REVERT ANY PROGRESSION/REGRESSION STAGE****
****STEP BY STEP****
1. What this button does is revert your Progression Tool to how it was before you hit one of the progression/regression buttons. This is useful because since I don’t have tabs for every year anymore if you make a mistake you can’t just reload. Your previous info will be lost, and you’re screwed. So, if you make a mistake (wrong file or whatever it may be) you click this button as basically an undo. Then continue as you normally would at that stage.

****CLEAR ALL FRESH START ****
****STEP BY STEP****
1. Simply click this button to clear the entire tool to start over.

****V3.0 TO V4.0 CONVERSION ****
****STEP BY STEP****
1. Save your Franchise at week you choose to do your 1st progression. Exit out of CFM.
7. Click on “1st” tab (it should come up automatically).
8. Click the "v3.0 to v4.0 Conversion" button.
9. Select v3.0 of the Progression Tool (please rename tool before doing this step to avoid any conflict).
10. Select the file you just exported from the Franchise Editor.
11. The tool creates a new copy of you exported file. It takes whatever you named it and adds a “_Import.xlsx” at the end (without the quotes). For example, if you named the file you exported from the Franchise Editor “test.xlsx” my tool renames it “test.xlsx_Import.xlsx” (again without quotes) after it copies relevant information and saves it. Go back to Franchise Editor, file, import the file with “_Import.xlsx” (without quotes) at the end, and select your exported file.
12. Import has been optimized. Should take no more than 5 seconds. When it’s done save file.
13. Go back to Madden and load your save.
14. Sim to next week and all players will have progressed unless on a bye week. They will progress the next week. (except your players unless you have that on auto).
15. At next week of your choosing continue with “Year 2-30 – 2nd Progression” as normal.

****1ST PROGRESSION REPORT ****
****STEP BY STEP****
1. Make sure you have already clicked the "Year 1 or Year 2-30 – 1st Progression" button.
2. Click on “1st Progression Report Tab”.
3. Click on the “1st Progression Report” button.
4. It will generate a file called “1st Progression Report.xlsx” and put it in the same folder as your exported files from the Franchise Editor.
5. Open “1st Progression Report.xlsx” file. It’s sorted by Team, Position, and New Ovr. However, you can filter it however you want. I would move or rename this file to something else because every time you run this macro it creates a file with the same name. New Ovr isn’t the actual Ovr in game yet. But will be when the players progress.

****2ND PROGRESSION REPORT ****
****STEP BY STEP****
1. Make sure you have already clicked the "Year 1 or Year 2-30 – 2nd Progression" button.
2. Click on “2nd Progression Report Tab”.
3. Click on the “2nd Progression Report” button.
4. It will generate a file called “2nd Progression Report.xlsx” and put it in the same folder as your exported files from the Franchise Editor.
5. Open “2nd Progression Report.xlsx” file. It’s sorted by Team, Position, and New Ovr. However, you can filter it however you want. I would move or rename this file to something else because every time you run this macro it creates a file with the same name. New Ovr isn’t the actual Ovr in game yet. But will be when the players progress.

****OFFSEASON REPORT ****
****STEP BY STEP****
1. Make sure you have already clicked the "Year 1 or Year 2-30 – Offseason Resign Stage Regression" button.
2. Click on “Offseason Report Tab”.
3. Click on the “Offseason Report” button.
4. It will generate a file called “Offseason Report.xlsx” and put it in the same folder as your exported files from the Franchise Editor.
5. Open “Offseason.xlsx” file. It’s sorted by Team, Position, and New Ovr. However, you can filter it however you want. I would move or rename this file to something else because every time you run this macro it creates a file with the same name. New Ovr isn’t the actual Ovr in game yet. But will be when the players progress.

Check out all the latest info on the discord channel.

Video Tutorial

New one to be released soon. Stay tuned.

Last edited by tdawg3782; 11-17-2019 at 03:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove