View Single Post
Old 08-25-2019, 09:43 AM   #3
JasonForTheWin
Rookie

JasonForTheWin's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Everything Is Bigger In Texas: A Houston Texans Dynasty

CLOWNEY'S OUT!!! TEXANS TRADE STAR TO BENGALS

Houston - After firing GM Brian Gaine last week, Head Coach Bill O'Brien has been acting as the de facto decision maker. Today, he made his first move in jettisoning 2014 first overall draft pick and star DE/LB Jadeveon Clowney to the Cincinnati Bengals for their 2020 First Round Draft Pick. The Texans will also be sending their 4th Round Pick in 2020 and a 3rd Round Pick in 2021.

Clowney, who had 9 sacks last year and was franchise tagged, told the team he would not report to training camp in hopes of negotiating a long term deal. In order to make the deal official, Clowney had to sign his franchise tender.

"When it became apparent to me that Clowney wasn't going to report and hold true to his word, I was obligated to find a solution. I wasn't going to allow this to drag into the season and become a distraction to this team." O'Brien told reporters.

"Is it ideal? No. We wanted him in here to continue to build on his success the last two years. Unfortunately, that just wasn't going to happen here. We wish him the best and thank him for all he did for the Houston Texans."

What he did do was have 18.5 sacks and 2 TD's over the past two seasons. With franchise superstar JJ Watt on the line and Whitney Mercilus playing on the opposite side of the field, The three were cornerstones of a feared defensive unit.

However, he only played a full season one time over his 5 year career.

With Clowney now gone, and rookie ROLB Duke Eliofor already lost for the season, the team will enter training camp with 22 year old 5th round draft pick Charles Omenihu penciled in as the starter.

Clowney goes to a Bengals defense loaded with Carlos Dunlap, Geno Atkins, and Dre Kirkpatrick.

"I think I went to an ideal situation. I want to thank the Texans organization and Bill O'Brien for speeding this process up. I am confident that my contract situation will take care of itself in Cincinnati. I am focused on this season and keeping all the other white noise in the background."

Currently Playing:
NCAA 12 - The Coaching Career Of Jason Cameron
https://forums.operationsports.com/f...ncaa-12-a.html