Designated Red Shirt

trekfan's Arena

OVR: 0
Men of Steele: A Coach's Story

System/Game: PC/Madden 20
Mode: CFM (Coach)
Rosters: Active Roster as of 08/20/2019
Sliders: All-Pro Default
(For Year 3, these were switched to Matt 10’s All-Pro set, with fumble turned up to 70)

Quarter Length: 10 Minutes, Accelerated clock runoff to 17 seconds

XP Sliders: TDawg’s XP Sliders, Weekly Progress

Salary cap: On
Relocation: Off
Firings: CPU only

House Rules:

1. At least one non-QB 80 overall or better player HAS to go to free agency from my team if there’s anyone with their contract expiring. If that means I lose out on a stud late-round rookie who’s developed into an 80 overall or better, so be it — they get to test the waters. I can still re-sign them to a deal in FA, but they aren’t restricted.

2. No franchise tagging allowed — I hate it personally.

3. Trades must make sense — I use the good old Madden Trade Calculator to make sure I don’t game the CPU. The AI trade logic is better than years past, but still garbage in some ways. Any trade I make goes through the calculator to make sure the deal is even or slightly in favor of the CPU.
(here https://www.reddit.com/r/Madden/comm...alculator_v40/)

4. Unrealistic releases/signings by the CPU will be corrected. If, say, Drew Brees gets released by NOLA and signs in Buffalo, that is a scenario I find offensive (and not in the usual Saints score a bunch way) and will correct it. Certain players are franchise players and should stay where they are — if I see a free agent signing gone wrong, I’ll correct it by trading the player back to where they should go. From what I’ve seen, the roster logic is still funky in this regard (had to trade Deshaun Watson back to HOU because they murdered their cap space with massive contracts), and it may require turning the salary cap off to mitigate the CPU’s dumb decisions in the future.

5. Defense is super-simmed; I only play offense and field goals, so as to give the CPU a chance. I can't stand playing defense this year anyway since they remapped the buttons and the games go much faster worrying about only one side of the ball.

And with that out of the way … welcome! I’m trekfan, a frequent poster of dynasties over in the basketball side of the forum, and a big football fan of the Florida Gators. I don’t have any particular allegiance to any pro team — hatred of the Patriots and Cowboys aside — so I decided to take the role of a coach in Madden 20.

I’ve got a bunch of material written up, two season’s worth, and I’m steadily adding to it as we go along — so sit back, relax, and enjoy. I’ll be reporting on the team from my coach’s 1st person perspective, as we dive into the most stressful job in the NFL.

As always, any and all comments are welcome.

(Author’s Note: for Year 3, thanks to Madden’s update to offensive linemen Superstar abilities and lowering the amount backup QBs ask for in free agency, I restarted the file and tried to redo things as best I could. I got the big stuff right, but year 1 and 2 are from the original file and refer to players being in places or events happening that didn’t necessarily happen in the current file; 2021 is where the new file takes place and everything from then on is accurate.)

Last edited by trekfan; 08-25-2019 at 10:50 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove