View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 10:30 AM   #492
muelly
Pro

OVR: 1
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
I've not tested. Based on experiences with the injury SLIDER turned to 0, my feeling is that it could make the CPU play 'soft' (like CPU RBs not giving effort on runs, QBs checking-down a lot, etc.). Give it a shot and see...what I mentioned above will be the quick measures.

This is exactly the little detail I like to hear about. You're right that Madden is always like that to a degree...and if we're talking about getting to the edge being a overpowered (independent of one's stick skills), it's one of two things.

- Threshold is 'off'. Now, it can either be too high (allowing O-line to get outside too quickly based on ratings) or too low (allowing the back to outsprint everyone) and from my experiences, if it IS off, it isn't by much.
- There are pursuit issues (which can stem from a huge number of causes). I'm going to be honest, if there truly is an issue, I'd bet money that this is the culprit.

I'll pay attention as I continue my franchises and see if anything sticks out.

I tend to agree with this I think. I have most success on outsides runs.Tackle/stretch type plays.Unless there is a blitz there is a lot of space to work, I also have success with the inside handoffs from shotgun sets.If I run dives/traps/counters I’m generally bottled up.I found myself last night shying away from the plays I know that appear a bit OP.This is no different than some pass routes too I suppose, the game is only so smart.