View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 04:44 PM   #8
edgevoice
MVP

OVR: 0
Re: Madden 20 Custom Playbook & Game Plan Play Call Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Executor
Edge, I was trying to create my own playbook and I think it looks fairly good, except for one thing: the formations are not in order I would like to have them.

I mean, plays do not appear to be bungled but the formations are in odd order: first are Strong I and Weak I formations, then Pistol, and only then Singleback, I-Form and Shotgun.

While I prefer to have Singleback first, then I-Form, Strong- and Weak I, then Pistol and at the end, Shotgun.

I use 49ers playbook as a base. Maybe I overlooked something in your guide, but any idea what I might have done wrong?

Thanks.
Nope. You did nothing wrong. I just messed around with your 49'ers book. The way you want the book to lay out is exactly as it is in it's default form. I tried deleting all formations except Shotgun and adding back formations in the order you want and it wouldn't lay out in order. Strange, since I used the Chiefs book and was able to do so, since that book had several formations I wanted to use.

They fixed sub-formations from scrambling this year. The first sub formation you select, say singleback ace would appear before singleback trips and bunch, just like my PDF showed. Last year, everything scrambled randomly. I wanted my book to organize by personnel groupings. Apparently, base formations still cannot be grouped in any specific order. I guess I just got lucky with Kansas City's book.

On the BETA feedback forum, I suggested that we be able to FULLY customize our books by formation order and also allow us to slide and stack our plays in the order we want them to appear. They still have some work to do, especially for OCD playbook folks like myself, but at least they made a solid effort improving gameplanning.

Sorry I couldn't get you sorted on this.