View Single Post
Old 08-27-2019, 07:14 PM   #6
RollTideRoll0929
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Why are all my players on my franchise team always low on stamina?

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I've always thought of the Stamina bar as representing minor, playable injuries, the kind of everyday wear and tear that can escalate into a more serious injury. You can keep playing the player even on "low stamina", and in my experience it doesn't seem to effect performance too much. It does seem to impact the odds of injury though.

I would agree, there needs to be a slider that changes the rate of stamina drain. It's something I've been asking for for a long time. However, I have discovered a few things which may help manage stamina drain for your players.

All fielder's lose stamina at the same rate. Stamina is lost per pitch on the field (that includes batting and running, so it is possible for a DH to lose stamina on a day). At the end of each day, every player then regains stamina. How much they regain is based on their durability attribute. The equation isn't one to one, as someone with 0 durability will still gain some stamina and someone with 99 durability won't recover all of their stamina from 0, but it's clear that high durability players recover faster.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheWarmWind
I've always thought of the Stamina bar as representing minor, playable injuries, the kind of everyday wear and tear that can escalate into a more serious injury. You can keep playing the player even on "low stamina", and in my experience it doesn't seem to effect performance too much. It does seem to impact the odds of injury though.

I would agree, there needs to be a slider that changes the rate of stamina drain. It's something I've been asking for for a long time. However, I have discovered a few things which may help manage stamina drain for your players.

All fielder's lose stamina at the same rate. Stamina is lost per pitch on the field (that includes batting and running, so it is possible for a DH to lose stamina on a day). At the end of each day, every player then regains stamina. How much they regain is based on their durability attribute. The equation isn't one to one, as someone with 0 durability will still gain some stamina and someone with 99 durability won't recover all of their stamina from 0, but it's clear that high durability players recover faster.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Operation Sports mobile app
Yeah, I'm all in favor of having a stamina bar that depletes as the season goes on, or a durability meter that drains as you play games, I'm definitely not advocating removing it, I think it's an awesome idea and I think I get what the devs were trying to do; making the grind of a 162 game season affect players attributes and put them more at risk of injury.

I completely get what they're trying to do, but I strongly feel feel that they went overboard with this concept, and it's actually starting to make me not enjoy my franchise as much as I thought I would. It was an awesome idea but it was poorly implemented.

After 8 games, my 24 year old shortstop has almost identical stamina to my 38 year old first baseman. After giving a player a day off, the stamina meter goes up a little but soon as you play another game its back down where it was. What am I supposed to do, give my star players a week off?? I even stopped all my position players training for a few days to see if that made a difference.

As it is right now, the stamina system absolutely sucks and I'm thinking if enough people bring this issue to light, maybe they can adjust it to not drain so quickly and make it more realistic.

Last edited by RollTideRoll0929; 08-27-2019 at 07:17 PM.