View Single Post
Old 08-30-2019, 11:33 AM   #541
skillz25
Rookie

skillz25's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Yes, it will be called when you turn it on....and yes, I had done so.
----------------------------------------------

There are things I like about 52 thresh, and things I don't. After my stream last night, I did plug in 50 thresh again to compare and I don't think 51 offers much benefit over 50 but 50 thresh and 52 thresh have massively different dynamics.

52 Thresh
+ Slightly smoother animations
+ Nice "sync" on when RBs hit hole and blocking resulting in a little better CPU RB pathfinding
- Little, to no, line surge (making the pass rush weak and run blocking overpowered)
- Too few fumbles and injuries due to lack of 'burst' on tackles
- while the actual reaction times are unchanged, the lower accel

50 Thresh
+ More surge on the lines - which leads to interior pocket collapse (this drives a ton of improvements) - makes passing more challenging
+ The overall accel boost makes CPU more 'dangerous' across the board
+ More fumbles and injuries!!!
- Occasional ill-timed runs by CPU (I'm hoping the TAK slider adjustment will help here)
- More "burst" animations which can be a bit jarring visually

Guys....just in general....and I hit this stage every year. I'm beginning the process of undoing what I've done and trending back towards default. If you're happy with a particular setup, stick with it and run away

The 52 thresh set was fun and did a lot of things well. But I could tell I was going to start winning too many games that I shouldn't because of that lack of pass rush.

So, I am personally eschewing the 52 threshold and going back to 50. Now, there is that "run game imbalance"...well, for that, I think going back to 50 TAK may clean that up....I think something is funky with the tackling angles and it may be causing us issues.

Given the mainly positive feedback on the 52 threshold, I am going to leave it on the OP as an alternate set. The "primary" set will be the one I am using and I will be testing going back to 50 thresh and 50 CPU TAK. I consider 51 DPI to still be necessary and will continue using it - and I hope will help to keep not only the coverage in-check, but also pull things closer together so we don't get as many of the wonky tackle animations as we otherwise would.
Under "52 Thres", when you say "Little, to no, line surge (making the pass rush weak and run blocking overpowered)" .... are you referring to the CPU, Human or both?
Advertisements - Register to remove