Old 09-04-2019, 08:40 AM   #6
snowdrift
Rookie

snowdrift's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: (PS3) 2K10 Utility

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWEDX2007
I wonder why it's PS3 only since members here have talked about being able to transfer rosters between systems.
Hadn't thought about that. If anyone with the 360 version wants to try, that would be great. (You'll need Horizon to extract the actual roster file from the save.)

Quote:
You listed a few different things you can edit, but what about ages?
I know where the data is stored so I can probably figure it out.

Quote:
Can you add names with certain text differences? (example: Jacob Markstrom -> Jacob Markström)
Haven't tried it. I know some special characters are possible in 2K8.

Quote:
Would also hope this means we can abolish the limitation of certain players who have multiple positions listed and locked to them
I haven't found a universal "forward" position, but doesn't 2K10 let you play anyone at any position? Do players have any known disadvantage if they don't play their natural position?

Quote:
Have you looked into data differences between 2K9 and 2K10?
Don't have 2K9, but 2K11 would probably come first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikethebike
Problem I had with editing the 2K11 roster file was that it seemed to have a checksum
That doesn't sound good. If there's a checksum, there's nothing I can do, we'd need a programmer who has experience with that kind of stuff.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nikethebike
I'd be really interested in discussing details about this program with you and see if I can achieve something similar for 2K11.

I don't know anything about 2K11, but maybe you can get ideas from how 2K10 works. We can discuss that by private message so we don't clutter the forum with technical stuff.