Thread: iRacing Seasons
View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 02:17 AM   #1
kneebon5
MVP

kneebon5's Arena

OVR: 15
iRacing Seasons

This is a slightly different type of post, as all the drivers are real world people, essentially it is a racing MMO.

This week I have been focused dirt modifieds since it is a fixed setup series (everyone has the same setup in the car) and each night is a different track. (regular seasons each week the track changes)

I record all my races, and give live commentary (and yelling) through the race.

I will start off with my 13th Week DIRTcar UMP Modified Series. This series runs only for one week, and has 7 different races. Points are totaled at the end of the week to decide a champion. Although over 1000 drivers have raced, points are based on ratings, and who you beat. Currently I am ranked 1144th in the world out of 29000 who have made a dirt start. My Rating is a 2323, the average rating is a 1350, and the top driver is at a 8545, just to give you an idea of where I currently stand.

Note: This series has cautions off, certain series run with cautions, others don't.

Race 1 - Williams Grove Speedway. This is one of the harder dirt tracks in the game, very flat, narrow, and lacking banking. Walls on the inside and outside, with little room for error on the exit of T4. I was rated the 8th best driver in the race I was in (which is why I was given car #8) I qualified 5ht overall out of the 19 cars entered, .124 seconds off the lead. The field was split into two heat races to set the starting lineup for the A Main, odd positions in heat 1, even positions in heat 2. So i started 3rd in my heat, and was able to hold that position for the 8 laps, which would have me start inside the third row.

The A Main is embedded here:

I wasn't too pleased with how I did, and overall for the week only doing that one race placed me in 80th position in points, out of the 357 who race.

Race 2 - The Dirt Track at Charlotte. This track is very basic, its wide, fast, and you dont really need to move around too much. We call them cookie cutter tracks, as there are many tracks with the same big sweeping design. This race a much stronger field signed up for the race, and I was ranked 12th for my split (when more than 24 people sign up the drivers are split based on ratings with the best racing each other, while the slower guys race in their own even for less points) I once again had a great Qualifying lap running 3rd out of 20 cars, only .055 off the fast time. This put me on the front row for heat race 1, and I held onto that position for the 8 laps to start inside row 2 for the A Main.

The A Main is embedded here:

Once again not happy with the main, as i felt I could do a lot better.

Race 3 - Limaland Motorsports Park. This is one of my favorite tracks, it is short, banked a bit, but offers multiple lanes to run. I was ranked 11th in this race and once again qualified 3rd out of 19. Sadly my heat race did not go well, as the leader accidentally knocked his car out of gear, and the field got tangled up, and when racing for the final spot to transfer to the main out of the heat, i once again got into another car, which sent me to the B Main. In the B, I held on to third, and didn't really try to race as I was in a transfer spot, and just wanted to make it to the main. The main was a mess, as you will see, especially since i had to start 17th out of 18 drivers on a short track with no cautions.

Although it wasn't the result i wanted, for starting 17th I will take it.

Race 4 - Knoxville Raceway - The heart of sprint car racing is at Knoxville, the track in a modified though, is much different, and slower. I have never been great at this track, as it is a big flat half mile, with a berm on the inside of the track, and a wall that you have to run fairly close to if you want to go fast later in the race. I did not qualify well, even though I was ranked 3rd in this race and only could place 11th out of 20 cars. I moved up one spot in my heat race to 5th, meaning I would start on the inside 5th row for the main. The race was fairly spread out, but i was able to find a line with a bit more speed halfway through as the track dried out. Then lap traffic started to be caught and everything got crazy. See below.

Race 5 - Fairbury Speedway - The newest track on the service, just released the day before, i went into the race ranked 9th in the split, and qualified 9th. This track is a very tight quarter mile, with a narrow banked line by the wall, and a wide open flat inside line. In my heat race I was involved in an early crash right as the green was thrown, which sent me to the back where I finished 8th. This mean I would start dead last in the A Main in 15th. My hope was that since everyone was running the top, the high side would wear out, and I could start to gain ground on the bottom, everything worked as planned until I got in my own way

With all of that, I currently sit 8th overall in points (not everyone has run all the races) Even though I am 8th in points with 460, I am way too far out to even think about winning the series as multiple people are ahead of me with fewer races, and the current points leader has 754 points.

The goal for the final two races is to get a top 5, and maybe if I am lucky a win. Up next will be Volusia, and then it appears we head back to Fairbury for a day race there.
Advertisements - Register to remove