View Single Post
Old 09-07-2019, 11:36 AM   #635
Hunkerdown
MVP

Hunkerdown's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: JoshC1977's Madden 20 CFM-only Sliders (User vs CPU Only)

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoshC1977
Back to business.....

The thought of re-installing the game had occurred to me. But knowing that it can be problematic for many to re-download a fairly large game, I try avoid making suggestions like this until many other options have been exhausted.

Now, I have a really good internet connection, so I decided to play the role of guinea pig. I will say this....it definitely helped to clean-up a lot of the wonky warping and glitchy animations. It doesn't "change" the gameplay but it does clean-up those artifacts. If anyone is still having issues with glitchy play and/or warping, uninstalling and then re-downloading the game may be of benefit (it is not a requirement).

==================================================

Now, sliders....

Before I did the uninstall, I took the OP and changed the CFM injury slider to 40 (which is the default) . So yes, that means running a 100% fully default setup. Can I just say...wow. It played really, really well. It animated well, the CPU moved the ball well, my crummy Dolphins struggled (more than I have ever struggled to move the ball on M20 - but it wasn't unreasonable given the ratings). We had multiple injuries, 10 total penalties (with a variety)...it was really solid. Watch the Dolphins game from my last Twitch stream and you'll see what I mean (it is archived). I played a different matchup off-stream and it was the same quality of gameplay, but the dynamics played-out differently (due to the different matchups/ratings).

For the first time ever....I'm fully endorsing a 100% default (with the obvious exception of quarter length) setup. Don't poo-poo it....give it a shot....most people say they "play on default" and then when you dig further, they say "yes, 100% default, except I just changed _____, ______, and ______"). Seriously....give this a shot for a couple of games (I think many of you will thank me - and others will just say to plug-in Matt's sliders ).

I basically went from hating this patch to loving it.....it plays such a nicely balanced game....and no reinstall is needed!

I'm adding this to the OP....but wait, there's more....

After I reinstalled the game, I plugged these in as well. Ya know....this wasn't bad either. Totally different 'feel' but one that I think a lot of people will like. The reason I shied away from these is because I never quite 'feared' the CPU offense because coverage was so tight (but rather it came down to if I beat myself)....but I will need to try these out a bit more on this patch to see how it goes (personally, I have a hunch I will stick with default, but I have no qualms posting these on the OP as well - but I am going to test it out a bit more this weekend).
Just do not as we this. Yes overall gameplay is nice on default, except run game just way to wide open? Wish could figure out how to tame user running and boost cpu run game without screwing up other gameplay.

PSN: ORLANDORUCKUS
Twitch: hunkerdown
YouTube: ORLANDORUCKUS
Advertisements - Register to remove