pflynhi
Rookie

pflynhi's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: eFootball PES 2020 Impressions

Let's just get this outta the way first,
fifa18 1200hrs> pes18 8hrs
fifa19 1000hrs> pes19 28hrs
pes20 11 hrs 1st day+pes demo another 20+hrs> fifa20 demo 1hr and done.

Now I only play offline and have no desire to play online.

I was on the fence whether or not I'd even get this years PES seeing how the last 2 just didn't hit it off with me and felt like I didn't get my moneys worth but I really enjoyed the game play from the demo so I bit the bullet and bought the full release yesterday and I'm glad I did. Now I will not lie, I'm still not crazy about the defending but that's probably more my fault for not understanding the complete mechanics yet to get the maximum effect...I still have a lot to learn about PES actually.

Sure the player faces do look like a bunch of howdy doody's and adding a option file is a must (I'm using pesuniverse) but the game play is superb and fun and such a refreshing change from fifa. I think I'll be skipping fifa this year and the hours of fine tuning sliders.

A few positives so far, I love the fact that the game can start off in dry weather and end in rain,that was super cool the first time that happened and completely caught me off guard . And I know fifa seems to have better stadium atmosphere but it's always the same game after game, but playing PES20 with Burnley and beating Liverpool at Turf Moor on a late goal and the whole place went wild and again caught me off guard was very satisfying and I never experienced anything close to it in fifa. Now maybe these things aren't new to pes but they are to me and I can't wait to discover more, especially when I actually learn all the controls.

Now a few things I don't like...a) I've never liked the commentators in PES that didn't change this year either. b)The fact the game was released with last years rosters is another big downer, but that should be updated tomorrow. c)Having to add a option file to get the real kits and badges, but that's a easy fix.

Overall I'm happy and look forward to spending a many hours finally learning what all PES has to offer and should finally get my moneys worth from PES this year.

Last edited by pflynhi; 09-11-2019 at 07:24 PM.