View Single Post
Old 09-12-2019, 04:20 PM   #7
BIGROC
Pro

OVR: 9
Re: Had it with Vlad!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jake19ny
Sadly this is the case with a handful of cards in this game. 1) I think some of it has to do with us the player. Sometimes we just don’t play well with certain players. 2) I think it’s a flaw in certain players makeup. 3) I think ratings are screwed up in this game. Guys like SS Frank Thomas hot nothing but grounders and pitchers are depositing HRs

I, along with many others have issues with SS Frank Thomas, Willie Mays, and Vladimir.
The SS Frank Thomas card is one of my favorites. He rakes for me... I liked the big hurt when he was playing... Loved watching Vlad play... Always wished the Yankees would get him but they never did. I was so amped to get Vlad I broke my cardinal rule, and I spent over 30k for him. When I unloaded it I got around 28k... A loss, but not that bad...

I bought Garrett Anderson, and so far he's been a pimp. I've been platooning him with Dante Bichette in left, leaving Gwynn or Yelich in center and the other in right. For a cheapish bat you could start, or have on the bench, Anderson is a solid choice. Bichette too... I think I got Anderson for about 9k, and 11k for Bichette (whose offensive numbers are insanely good for a player in that price range)

But Vlad broke my heart. In 5 games playing with Ozzie Smith at short I've got more RBI than I had with Vlad in 40 something games. He'd hit in on the screws to an OF, or mash it into the ground like potatoes.