Old 09-13-2019, 10:07 AM   #8
jeremym480
Speak it into existence

jeremym480's Arena

OVR: 39
Re: 2019 Fantasy Football Advice Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
PPR League, got offered RB Derrick Henry for RB Damian Williams (he's a big chiefs fan)

My Roster:
QB Wentz
QB Goff
RB McCaffrey
RB Chubb
RB J. Jacobs
RB D. Williams
RB D. Henderson
WR Evans
WR T. Boyd
WR Golladay
WR Godwin
WR C. Davis
TE D. Waller
TE Burton
K Butker
DEF Patriots

I think it's pretty close. Henry will get more carries but being PPR makes Williams interesting. McCoy played pretty well in the first week and if he continues to play well he may take some playing time away from Williams, especially with his connection to Reid.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
I think it's fairly safe to say you can drop OJ Howard LOL

Now kidding. I had the game on on the background last night and I kept thinking where the hell is OJ?.... along with why the hell did I draft Mike Evans? and why can't the Panthers get the ball to McCaffery in space? Good thing I did put in Waller over OJ this week though.

I was sent a trade offer this morning... I would be sending out Drew Brees and Mark Ingram for Dak Prescott and Alshon Jeffery. I'm not sure if I want to do it though. On paper I'm ahead but I already have Wentz at QB so I would be playing whoever has the better matchup that week and leaving points on the bench. Basically, it would come down to Ingram vs Jeffery and I really like Ingram. I think the Ravens will have one of the best rushing game in the NFL but I do like pairing Wentz and Jeffery, as well. If I did the deal, my RB's would be McCaffery, Phillip Lindsay, Latavius Murray and Devin Singletary but I'd be really strong at WR with Evans, Thielen, and Jeffery with John Ross III and Corey Davis as my backups.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ODogg
So I drafted Cam Newton, no idea what is going on with him anymore after last night. I thought week 1 was an anomaly but maybe not. I know part of it is the atrocious Carolina line but he's missing so many throws it is as if he has never practiced with anyone on his team, LOL

Anyone think he's going to bounce back?

I think he's still hurt, plus Thursday night games are always tough. I'd give him a few more games but keep an eye on what other QB's are playing well in the meantime. Assuming that you don't have a backup and also how many users are in your league, but there may be some decent pickups on the wavier wire.

EDIT: I ended up working out a deal... Brees and Ingram for Dak and Derrick Henry. I mean, he was a Saints fan who really wanted Brees and offered me the deal so...

Alabama Crimson Tide
Green Bay Packers
Boston Celtics

New Orleans Pelicans

Last edited by jeremym480; 09-13-2019 at 12:08 PM.